phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

What do you think about this board?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic

Do you think we need phpBB2Refugees?
(This poll does not expire)
Yes, people are still using phpBB2
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
No, everybody should just upgrade to phpBB3
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
I don't know, it's hard to say
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:53 am 
Post subject: What do you think about this board?

Well, I didn't know what to do... The 1st of january is coming and I was affraid I will be lost in this big cold universe. But now, there's a new star shining and it's called "phpBB2Refugees". And it keeps me worm. icon_wink.gif

Thanks to the stuff and to all the pleople coming in here. Merry Christmas. icon_razz.gif

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:56 am 
Post subject: Re: What do you think about this board?

I would just like to say how much I too appreciate this forum being here. It's nice to know there will still be a good place to find assistance with our phpBB2 questions and dilemmas. Thank you for setting this up.
scotty
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:23 am 

Brilliant Idea and you have my full support !
icon_wink.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:06 pm 

I will say "Yes" to the poll question, because more people are using version 2 than version 3.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:32 pm 

I give my Yes too,

It's far to early to leave phpBB2 and it's users without support so it's great we can gather here and continue enjoying our "stone-age" software.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 pm 

I voted yes too !!!
Its like the old saying......."why change some thing when it isn't broken"
icon_wink.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:06 pm 

I am in support of this board 100%

It's needed... defiantly.

Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:56 pm 

scotty wrote:
I voted yes too !!!
Its like the old saying......."why change some thing when it isn't broken" icon_wink.gif

That is so true. icon_biggrin.gif But two people voted "everyone should just update to phpBB3". icon_mad.gif

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:54 pm 

You can't honestly say you're surprised by that, right? icon_smile.gif

Let's not turn this into another phpBB2 is better / phpBB3 stinks topic, thanks.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 am 

Actually I was icon_eek.gif

The only people I know that are actively defending phpbb3 are people from phpbb.com everyone else I know are trying to upgrade back to phpbb 2.0.23

So yeah it did catch me a little off guard. I thought it would be more like 50 to 1.

Of the people I know it's 100% in favor of keeping phpbb2.

So yea it was a bit of a surprise..

roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 am 

That begs the question, if those dissenting voters honestly think that phpBB2refugees is not needed, then why are they members of this board? That would seem to be rather counterintuitive, and suggestive of disingenuousness. Wouldn't it?
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:24 am 

There are people that I know from phpbb.com that are curious to see how this project works out. As a result, they registered. I see nothing wrong with that. icon_smile.gif

As they say in the lawyer shows, don't ask the question if you don't already know (or what to know) the answer. I don't think it's surprising that some folks think phpBB2 should be retired. You should see some of the comments about this site that have been made to me in private. icon_smile.gif It's not a big deal; everyone has an opinion, and in some areas I happen to be the minority.

I believe you're right in that most of the people that register for and use this site will be fans of phpBB2. Most, but not all. I'm fine with that. icon_cool.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:18 pm 

I hear you. And yes, I certainly did know the answer. icon_biggrin.gif I have no doubt that you have your head on straight, and the way that this site is shaping up, I'm feeling more confident every day, that anyone who might come here out of morbid curiosity, just to see this project fail, is going to be sadly disappointed.

As the word gets out to those who need the information and support that's available here, membership should continue to build, at an escalating rate. Most admins probably never worry about support - until they need it.
SamG
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:01 pm 

Curiosity isn't always morbid. For example, I followed a pre-release fork of phpBB 3 just to see what would happen. In that case I disagreed with the motivation behind the fork, I admit, but I didn't entertain any active hope that it would fail.

I'm here out of the same type of curiosity. As a long time user of phpBB (v1 through v3), as a long time critic of various aspects of the project, as well as someone who has spent a fair amount of time defending it against various criticisms and attacks and contributing to it in my own way, I reserve for myself the right to see what people are doing with the project, whether officially or not. The web address at the far end of my curiosity is of no consequence.

That said, I personally hope phpBB2Refugees.com succeeds. Not because I have some morbid interest in seeing phpBB.com fail (as some here seem to have had), but because I see value and promise in phpBB2Refugees.com and in phpBB 2 itself. Whether this community can live up to its potential (as I see it), time will tell.
Daz
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 am 

Hi,

The simple fact that I registered says much about my belief in phpBB2. Whilst the "it ain't broke..." saying applies, I may have some issues with the manner/motives of its murder.

As to the vote - I am on the fence...

All that I can say (and hope for) is that phpBB2 Refugees becomes/is what phpBB used to be -- I was so utterly impressed by one single act of assistance for phpBB 1.x it led me to spend hundreds (thousands) of hours "doing my bit" on the very same terms, i.e. goodwill.

Learn the lessons of others and bring me the warm fuzzy feeling...

Daz
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group