phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Phoogle error/problems!

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:59 pm 
Post subject: Phoogle error/problems!

Hi,

I have installed Phoogle 1.0.5 for phpBB2.
There seems to be a bug when using IE(?).

Not every user is showing up on the map.
When clicking on the usernames in the field showing the usernames it workes ok for the first 18 usernames in the list. After that I get an error:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=496246&p=8465195#p8465195

Anyone tried Phoogle?
My members are enthusiastic, they LOVE it!

Can anyone please help me correcting this?

/Holger

EDIT: I have checked further
Only the first 19 members in the list are shown. When clicking on the 19th I get the errormessages ... WHY icon_cry.gif

phoogle2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  66.23 KB
 Viewed:  465 Time(s)

phoogle2.jpg

phoogle1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.61 KB
 Viewed:  460 Time(s)

phoogle1.jpg

roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 am 
Post subject: Re: Phoogle error/problems!

Hi,

I apologize for forgetting to respond to your post. After I read your post, I installed the Phoogle Map on my board, and I thought I would allow sufficient time for enough members to set up their positions, so that I could check out the problem you asked about, but unfortunately, I forgot to respond to your post, after enough data were entered.

First the good news: My members love it. Thank you for mentioning this MOD.

Then the bad news: It seems to work perfectly, so I wasn't able to reproduce your problem.

It seems to work flawlessly with both Firefox and IE, and I even added some code so that if a new registrant does not enter their data when registering, they will not be able to see the Phoogle buttons/links until after they write a preset number of posts, (which can be set in the ACP). (Hopefully, that will help to prevent someone from registering, just so they can see member contact info).

Anyway, I just now thought about checking it with IE, and when I clicked on the 19th and 20th members, it displayed a balloon with the members' avatar, contact info, and text message, etc., so everything seems to be working correctly. Again, sorry to be so late with this response.
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 am 

Hi, no problem, thank you for responding ... no matter how late! icon_biggrin.gif

I found a part of the problem.
The position is saved in the following way:
Code:
(52.54211986891957, 9.724617004394531)

But if a member edits his position and uses FEWER numbers, e.g.
Code:
(52.54211986891957, 9.724617004)

then I get that error FROM that member onwards in the list.
Then I have to edit the members profile in the ACP. I have to touch the map and then there is the correct number of digits inserted in the field again. Everything works fine then.
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:30 pm 

Ah! I appreciate the tip. My board members are mostly not very technically oriented, so it probably never occurred to them to make that change. Now I know what to look for, though, if it ever happens.

Thanks.
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group