phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Changing ALL Moderators Permission so they Cannot Delete

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Notpil22
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:43 pm 
Post subject: Changing ALL Moderators Permission so they Cannot Delete

I have a dozen or so mods and I have over 50 forums -

I no longer want any of my mods to be able to delete posts -

I do not want to go into my ACP and click permissions and change every single delete option manually to "Admin" for every forum I have -

Does anyone know of a way I can do something server side (like pasting a single query or something) - thanks - icon_biggrin.gif
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:49 pm 
Post subject: Re: Changing ALL Moderators Permission so they Cannot Delete

Admin Overall Forums Permission
This hack allow Admins to set permissions of all forums with only-one-mouse-click. Very useful for beginners.

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Notpil22
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:48 pm 

Thanks Cheetah,

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for and sooooooo super simple - icon_biggrin.gif
Notpil22
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 am 

wasn't all that great - changed all my staff and admin forums to "reg" so it wasn't until a basic member PMed me 5 minutes ago to let me know he could see things that he shouldn't - a simple querry would have worked for me - guess not too many people on this site yet -
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:47 am 

An alternative can be to set up a hidden forum where all deleted posts go too, instead of disappearing. This way you can see exactly who removes what.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:15 am 

Notpil22 wrote:
wasn't all that great - changed all my staff and admin forums to "reg" so it wasn't until a basic member PMed me 5 minutes ago to let me know he could see things that he shouldn't - a simple querry would have worked for me - guess not too many people on this site yet -

You can first change all your forums to what you want the majority to be, and then, change only the special ones to only for moderators/ admins or whatever... It's still, a great spare of time. icon_smile.gif
dogs and things wrote:
An alternative can be to set up a hidden forum where all deleted posts go too, instead of disappearing. This way you can see exactly who removes what.

He can use Move Post Instead of Deleting. And if he wants to see who deleted what, he should replace this:
Code:
VALUES (".(int) $board_config['delete_post_forum'].", '".sprintf($lang['Deleted_post_from_topic'], $topic_title)."', ".$post_data['poster_id'].",

with this:
Code:
VALUES (".(int) $board_config['delete_post_forum'].", '".sprintf($lang['Deleted_post_from_topic'], $topic_id) . " - " . $userdata['username']."', ".$post_data['poster_id'].",

He will see topic ID and the name of who deleted, instead of the name of the subject. I also tryed to see the name of the topic (name+ID+nickname), but from some weird reason, didn't figure it out so far...

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
scottlpool2003
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:43 am 

Thanks Cheetah, that helped!
Notpil22
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 pm 

Thanks guys, I had a "Pull and Paste" forum set up a long time ago so if a mod saw something that was questionable, he could just move the post out of the public eye so I could review it later - fact is though, there is almost zero posts that need to be deleted on my board, and any one of the staff members can easily get a hold of me at anytime if there is -
therefore, there is no reason for any of the staff to ever delete another post - I was hoping to simply paste a query to change that specific permission on all forums so that posts can no longer be deleted by a mod - that was all - it's done now though so I'm happy - icon_biggrin.gif thanks again -
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group