phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Major problems with profiles.

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Acaria
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:15 am 
Post subject: Major problems with profiles.

Okay, I'm having serious issues with the profiles on my site.

They are not showing up at all.

I though at first I had miscoded something in the profile.php page, so I replaced all the code with the original, unedited code in it. No luck.

Then I thought it could have been something wrong in the profile_view_body.tpl, so I reverted that to it's original code. No luck.

Then I thought it could be the template, since I'm running then XHTML ProSilver Special Edition, so I quickly changed to the unedited subSilver template. Profiles didn't show there either.

So at least now I know it's not a problem with the template or the styling pages, but I still have no idea what's causing the error.

Can you please give me any ideas as to what could be causing the problems?

This is the link to my site, if you need it.
~Cowboy~
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:04 am 
Post subject: Re: Major problems with profiles.

Just a guess but have you checked to see if your permissions are correct on those pages?

It's really hard to tell with that template. When did it start happening? Have you edits those pages? This looks like Meows prosilver conversion heavily edited.. is it? Does it do it with other templates?

Acaria
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm 

No, I haven't. I'll go look though.

I'm not sure when it started happening. It was working on this template before, I do know that.

No more than NulAvatar or Xore's Cash Mod told me to.

It's her ProSilver Special Edition, made to look exactly like Phpbb.com's template, but I have edited quite a bit of it. However, I do know that the profiles were once working on it.

As I said, it doesn't work in the regular subSilver template either. I have both the styles on the site, but I use ProSilverSE all the time. When I noticed the glitch, I switched over to subSilver and the profiles didn't work there either.
Acaria
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:07 am 

Still need help here. D:
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 am 

I guess it has to do with one of the two MODs you mention. To find out if this is correct and see which one if any, undo one MODs edits and then the other and see what happens.
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:39 am 

I've already done that. Besides, those edits were in the styling portion of of the profiles, not the actual profile.php.

Edit:

*uber sigh*

I was working with the wrong file. I feel so dumb.

I was trying to fix the error via profile.php, which isn't the file that controls the viewing of a profile. >.>

Thank you for all your help everyone! :D
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group