phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Help with Advanced Vote Manager

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Red Dog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:57 pm 
Post subject: Help with Advanced Vote Manager

These days, I looked around for a MOD that can do the following:
-multiple votes
-unde vote
-who voted what

The first two are the most important. icon_smile.gif There are some MODs out there, but not sure if they are compatible with each other.
I've tryed soapergem's Advanced Vote Manager because it has all this in one single MOD. It works fine, but I do not like two things:
-moderators can always see who voted what, not only admins like it should be
-mods and admins can cancel votes, when only vote author should be able to do this (also, the user can not vote again, after vote cancelation - BUG!)

Do you guys know of a simple MOD that maybe works better? For example, when a user wants to cancel his votes, he has to delete them all, he can not just uncheck some of them like in phpBB3. It's a bit hard to use...

I'll wait to see what you guys recomand. icon_smile.gif
Ram
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:17 pm 
Post subject: Re: Advanced Polls

Take a look at these MODs :

http://crewstyle2.free.fr/crewdev/viewtopic.php?t=7
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/3305
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/608

You must try them but like that I don't see any compatiblity problems.
Red Dog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:56 am 

Multiple Choiche Voting seems to be not functional anymore. It is from 2004. icon_surprised.gif MultiVote (from 2005) is working fine, but it has some things that I don't like. For example, if the vote maxximum allowed is 3 and the user choose 4 options, the first 3 are selected instead of giving an error and force him to give up on something. icon_rolleyes.gif I have tested them all and Advanced Vote Manager (from 2006) is clearly the better one. In fact, they seem to be based on each other...

I've made some changes to make it more like I would like it to be, but still have a problem that I don't seem to be able to fix. Administrators always view detailed results (who voted what) and are able to unde people votes. Moderators were able to do this also, but I've changed that. Now moderators are like simple users.
What I want is either no administrator control over votes canceling (only vote author would be able to do it), either only founder admin to be able to do it.
I've played with this part of the code:
Code:
      if ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN )
      {
         $auth_mod = true;

}
      else
      {
         $auth_mod = false;
      }
   }
   else
   {
      $auth_mod = ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN || $userdata['user_level'] == MOD ) ? true : false;
      $auth_undo = false;
      $poll_subj = false;
      $timeok = false;
      $topic_subj = false;
      $topic_id = false;
      $hide_vote = true;
   }
}
else
{   
   $auth_mod = ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN || $userdata['user_level'] == MOD ) ? true : false;
   $auth_undo = false;
   $poll_subj = false;
   $timeok = false;
   $topic_subj = false;
   $topic_id = false;
   $hide_vote = true;

I've tryed replacing ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) with ( $userdata['userid'] == 2 ) but it's not working. The founder admin gets what simple users get...
The mod author dropped support for this, so I do not have to many options. icon_rolleyes.gif
Ram
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:49 pm 
Post subject: Re: Help with Advanced Vote Manager

Sorry but multichoice voting is working fine, it is running on my board and I have no trouble with.

I don't know the 2 next MODs you are speaking about.
Red Dog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:44 am 

Red Dog wrote:
I've tryed replacing ( $userdata['user_level'] == ADMIN ) with ( $userdata['userid'] == 2 ) but it's not working. The founder admin gets what simple users get...

That should be user_id, not userid! This happens when working late at night, with your eyes half closed. icon_lol.gif

So, I recomand Advanced Vote Manager, it is still working on v2.0.23 very good. icon_wink.gif
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:53 pm 

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to disable the feature in Advanced Vote Manager which allows admins to see who votes for what? Can that function be turned off in the control panel?
Red Dog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:06 pm 

No, it is not. You will have to take out all the code related to admins or just replace it with something related to no one, like if ( $userdata['userid'] == 0 ) icon_wink.gif Remember to do this change in viewtopic.php also, to not even show the "see detailed results" text.
Chapter 24
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:09 pm 

Thank you Red Dog!
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group