phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Unable to view my old board

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
nordik
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm 
Post subject: Unable to view my old board

Hello everyone,

I have an older phpbb2 board on our website that we were using as an archive as we have upgraded to phpbb3, but in the process of changing to our phpbb3 board, our older board broke and I'm not sure how to view it again.

You can see the error message if you click the link to our board: http://www.truthaboutlymedisease.com/forum/

Does anyone know how to fix this to make it viewable again? I'm a newbie with php/SQL etc. stuff so any help is greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: Unable to view my old board

Do you know what happened to the database which you were using for phpBB 2? Is it still there and intact?
nordik
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:02 pm 

The database appears to still be there fine when I login to mySQL. I'm a newbie at this stuff so that's what I think atleast, lol. All the files are there and have data etc. in them
Ptirhiik
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:39 am 

Get a phpBB 2.0.23 original pack, upload from it install/update_to_latest.php, and run it. Once done, remove install/ directory.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:48 am 

Ptirhiik wrote:
Get a phpBB 2.0.23 original pack, upload from it install/update_to_latest.php, and run it. Once done, remove install/ directory.

Ptirhiik is telling you to do that because you have the files of a version that requires info that your database can not supply.
The missing field session_logged_in will be added to the database by running the update_to_latest.php script.

Jim
nordik
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:15 pm 

Thanks for the suggestion guys, but I'm still getting the same error even after following those instructions. icon_confused.gif
Ptirhiik
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:25 am 

Ok, this can mean two things: either you have updated the config table forcing the version entry, either you have deleted some fields from your database. What was the previous version you were running prior last time you updated the former board ?
nordik
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm 

Ptirhiik wrote:
Ok, this can mean two things: either you have updated the config table forcing the version entry, either you have deleted some fields from your database. What was the previous version you were running prior last time you updated the former board ?

Ptirhiik
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm 

So go with phpmyadmin to your config table, and reset the version to .0.22, then rerun the phpBB 2.0.23 install/update_to_latest.php. However, as far as I remind this field is much more older than that, what leads us to a manual delete of it (accident). Hopefully, this is not a static data (eg a data you must have), but created at login time. The good way to proceed IMHO would be to install a local webserver (using ie wampserver), install on it a vanilla phpBB 2.0.23, then compare each table structure to ensure there are no more missing fields (or table), eventually fixing them.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group