phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

"Banned" text or image for banned members?

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
AsciiSector
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:53 pm 
Post subject: "Banned" text or image for banned members?

I've sadly just had to issue my first ban on my board. However, I'd like it if it actually said "Banned" under the member's name now, so other members can see that he's been banned. I can of course just give him a special rank called "Banned", but I've also installed the Temporary Ban mod, and I'd probably forget to remove this special rank, so I'd rather that the board automatically added "Banned" under the name of banned users, so it wouldn't do that anymore when their ban has expired.

I get the feeling it's a simple mod, but I can't figure out how to check whether or not a user is banned and how to add the "Banned" text under the user's name.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 am 
Post subject: Re: "Banned" text or image for banned members?

A special rank is assigned manually to individual users so if you only assign that special rank to users you ban forever there's no problem.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am 

Well, the problem is with the temporary bans. I'll likely forget to remove the rank, or it won't be removed immediately when the ban expires. That's why it would be easier if the code would just check when generating the viewtopic file if a user is banned - and if he is, then add "Banned" below his name. That way I won't have to assign special ranks and remember to remove them.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:46 am 

I understand what you are looking for,

But, this particular user has been banned forever, isnīt it? So you donīt have to worry about his special Banned rank.

Another option is to make a special topic in which you go placing the (temporary) banned users plus the reason for their (temporary) ban and it's duration. That way your other users will know what and why is happening to those banned users.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:13 am 

There are some users that are on the verge of a temporary ban and I just want to avoid having to move banned users around and assigning special ranks and stuff. It seems so simple to just have "Banned" written underneath a banned users name that I'm wondering why it isn't that way per default on phpbb boards?
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:10 am 

Look what I found on the good old phpbb forum archive MOD Request forum, Automatic Banned Rank. Have a look at it, it seems to be exactly what you want.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:31 am 

It certainly does! Excellent! Thanks for the find! icon_smile.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group