phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[BETA] Redirection MOD 0.3.0 [UPDATED]

Search this topic... | Search MOD Development... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:45 pm 
Post subject: Redirection MOD 0.3.0 [UPDATED]

MOD Name: Redirection MOD
MOD Author: Ornette
MOD Description: A complete approach to forum redirection in & around, internally and externally back out of phpBB environment

Current version: 0.3.0 beta

Update (20 Jun 2009): After some very long work on this I've currently updated this to version 0.3.0. It is quite a substantial mod.

Basically I have addressed every issue regarding forum redirection that could be imagined, and maybe more so. There's likely to be some bugs in this still but I am now putting this into action to see what happens.

Because this mod is so long and abstract, I found it important at some stage to give this mod a 'look & feel'. This mod now comes with its own customised forum interface, in particular a forum navigation trail bar. The method I used to do it took me quite some effort to dream up - i dont know if anyone might think there is a better way, i'd be interested to hear any feedback on that.

There's more work to do, modcp.php has not been touched and some of the edges could be polished off yet. There are some extensive notes within the file itself, explaining what does what and how it is supposed to function. For the most part this should now be pretty much operational.

Redirection MOD-0.3.0.txt
 Description:
version 0.3.0

Download
 Filename:  Redirection MOD-0.3.0.txt
 Filesize:  136.23 KB
 Downloaded:  18778 Time(s)

Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:32 am 
Post subject: Re: [BETA] Redirection MOD

- placeholder -
Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:39 am 
Post subject: Re: [BETA] Redirection MOD 1.1.1 17 Mar 2009 17:45

Code:
MOD Name: Redirection MOD
Author: Ornette
MOD Description: This mod follows on from a couple of previous available

[2.0.19] Login Redirection Suite [phantomk]
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=27880

[DEV/BETA] Redirection Suite [Thoul]
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=27880

It wraps up into one, the redirection outside of a forum, and the redirection back to previous location within forum when logging in & out, and now also from edit profile & registering.

I've cleaned up some code and added single ACP to enable disable redirection on *log out* links - i personally think log out should always drop user back to index.php, but i've put in in there anyway

I'd really like some feedback and a good look at code to check security holes.... it takes all the redirect verification out of login.php putting into functions.php which gets reused by usercp_register.php... I adjusted some of the routines, so I'd really like a second opinion. although I have looked long good & hard at it! 8-)

oh and it adds new template field, "S_HIDDEN_FIELDS" with the redirect link, in case anyone wanted to reuse it for putting a login form on page header or anywhere else (i didn't)

its an API type mod, for people wanting to create their own portal type thing. like me :mrgreen:

http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/download.php?id=61
Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 am 
Post subject: Re: Redirection MOD 0.3.0 [UPDATED]

Updated first post - current version 0.3.0
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group