phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Styles Frequently Asked Questions

Search this topic... | Search Styles Development & Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » Styles Development & Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Greenweaver
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 am 
Post subject: Styles Frequently Asked Questions

Styles FAQ
See here for general questions and information regarding style related issues for phpBB2.

What are styles?
Styles are the terminology we use to describe the visual implementation of you're phpBB. By default each phpBB2 comes with the style called "subSilver", the style includes the template files and images that combine to create what we call the style. Over the years there have been many alternative styles widely available for download and open use.

How do I install a new style?
To install a new style for you're phpBB you need to first find a suitable style. [continue this and link to installation tutorial]

Can I make my own style?
Yes, if you feel confident enough and nothing else you have seen suits your preferences you can have an attempt to create you're own style. See here [link to custom style tutorial] for further information.

Can you help me make my own style?
Unfortunately, users like myself are still dedicated phpBB Team members and our time is very limited as it is. It is an overwhelming task to attempt to create styles for all the requests we get on a daily basis. Though we cannot provide direct support we will try to help you as much as we possibly can on the support forum.

Can I use a style that was designed for phpBB3?
No, there is a significant infrastructure difference between phpBB2 and phpBB3, styles are not compatable with either or the other.

I cannot find an answer to my problem, what do I do?
If you have looked and cannot find an answer to you're query then simply start a new support topic. Be as descriptive and helpful as you can as this will give us the best outlook - allowing us to respond more accurately.

I use a free hosted board, can you still help me?
No, unfortunately free hosted boards come with a price. You do not have the full access to the core file directory of phpBB. Having access to the Admin Control Panel (ACP) is not full access. Without this there is little we can do for you - you should seek support from you're board host.

Will you be designing any new styles for phpBB2?
Unfortunately no, there are already many existing styles for phpBB2 and due to the retirement of phpBB2 there is no current focus on style development. We do however invite anyone to continue style development for phpBB2 in our release forums if they so wish to.

Will you validate any new styles released here for phpBB2?
No, the validation of styles will not be implemented here. Any styles you download are entirely of you're own liability. We cannot possibly support and validate any new styles.
Register or Login to Post    Index » Styles Development & Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group