phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Shop/ Store mod or other system?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:23 am 
Post subject: Shop/ Store mod or other system?

Hi, I need a small shop mod for phpbb. Im not new to phpbb but new to the shop mods. Have looked at Shop mod, Store mod and a Cash/ point mod. But it seems to only deal with fake money and avatars, stars and other thing you can buy inside the forum. I need a real shop with real money.

There was an PayPal mod for the shop hacks but all download links are dead or removed.

I know about the mods for phpbb3 in development but that is like taking a jump backwards.. Can not use phpbb3.

An alternative is to use an "external" system but that will be messy. Any experiences, advice or tips?

Regards
Thomas
ABDev
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:58 am 
Post subject: Re: Shop/ Store mod or other system?

Maybe that : http://www.phpbb-auction.com/
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:07 pm 

how did i miss that! Thank you! Perfect.
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:46 am 

www.phpca.net
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 am 

cool! I tried phpca some years ago. It has an anoying mail notifier/ reminder update thingy you cant turn off. But the direct sell function in phpbb-auction seems perfect. icon_smile.gif
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 pm 

Hello! some time since i posted that above. I have been using phpbb-auction for some time now and i am looking for something easier and inside the forum. Soo i have some ideas:

*used inside the forum. No custom pages.
*when you create a new post you can tick "product" so a buy button shows up on the post when it is submit'ed. Option to create "post as product" visible to custom group or admin only.
*when the buy button is clicked the topic title and a custom message is sent to the user and a simple notify pm is sent admin. The post gets deleted(it is sold).

Is there a mod that has elements of this so i can try to adapt it? Hope someone can help me with this one. Thanks icon_smile.gif
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:26 pm 

I don't have a wide knowledge of mods so I can't really recommend any, but I'm not sure your last feature is a good idea (granted, I don't know exactly what you want to do with this and how it works). Wouldn't deleting the post automatically when someone clicks "buy" be an inconvenience if they end up not paying and the seller has to put it back up?
Also, say someone wants to sell 10 copies of a certain book. Does he have to create 10 separate topics, or can you accommodate per-item sales on a single thread?
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 am 

Salvatos wrote:
Wouldn't deleting the post automatically when someone clicks "buy" be an inconvenience if they end up not paying and the seller has to put it back up?

You have a point there. I was just thinking it so easy as possible. And if i got notified by email and pm it could be ok. Im just going to sell two boxes with t-shirts. icon_biggrin.gif If the post was hidden or moved to another hidden/ admin topic that could be a cool feature.

Salvatos wrote:
Also, say someone wants to sell 10 copies of a certain book. Does he have to create 10 separate topics, or can you accommodate per-item sales on a single thread?

Yes one topic/ post pr product. If the system had an "in stock system" that would be one more feature to add. Not shure how to do this. There is a lot other shop-scripts but there is a big jungle of them. Let me know if you get a clewer idea. Thanks. icon_smile.gif
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 am 

Why not have a field for "pcs". Then count down every click on the buy-button.
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:57 pm 

What is pcs? Click counter?

Ok i have one idea now. But it is super heavy..

*install sub-templates mod by Ptirhiik and make a shop category. Remove all avatar stuff and other buttons. Make it shop-looking. Admin can start new posts but no one can reply etc..super clean.
*make a spinoff of Witcher's ReportSystem mod. Report post button becomes buy button. And customise evey page with infos. Just have to figgure out how to disable the message field inside that mod.. Rename "reported post" to "sold". icon_smile.gif
Then when someone buys i can move the post(product) over to another admin category and send the buyer an pm. This might work. No pm og email notifier this way buy then i get a warning in the header when someone buys(reports) something. Since i use my site every day this is ok i guess. This will be my plan B. icon_smile.gif
But can people report admin-posts? Hmm have to think this over.
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 pm 

I must say I would rather use an external system if I were looking into this myself. I'm not entirely sure why you want it to appear on the forum instead of in its own pages, but if it's just to keep sessions from a system to the other, that can probably be arranged. I'm also not too sure about how much you want the system to handle. From what I understand you only want it to send a private message to the seller when someone wants to buy their product... wouldn't it be easier to just tell interested buyers to send a PM to the seller themselves?
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:08 am 

hoimyr wrote:

pcs = pieces
Stycktal, antal styck som ska säljas icon_mrgreen.gif
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:13 am 

Holger wrote:
hoimyr wrote:

pcs = pieces
Stycktal, antal styck som ska säljas icon_mrgreen.gif

Okey, takk så mycket! icon_mrgreen.gif

Yes that will be too much work and not a complete solution either. I must do some more research.

Btw, if i did it that way the text-field in the report-mod could be used to typing in the users post-adresses. But it need to solve the paying etc..
There is easier ways to solve this im shure!
lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm 

for something this simple you are way overcomplicating it.
get a separate shopping cart script and just set it up.
if you want to integrate the userbase with phpbb then find a cart script that offers that or do it yourself.

or..

just create new phpbb pages that just have the products listed with a paypal buy button.

luck,
robert
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 am 

lumpy burgertushie wrote:
just create new phpbb pages that just have the products listed with a paypal buy button.

Yeah... you could even make it look like a forum page and link to it on your forum index if you really want that.
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group