phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Sort of redirecting issue

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Hoserbaba
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 am 
Post subject: Sort of redirecting issue

Hi,

I am trying to help a friend out with their 2.0.23 board where they started having problems with mysql 1062 problems. I have that covered but having problems with a redirect while using easyphp on a seperate machine.

I created a new board (2.0.23) then imported the original database. There are some changes i want to make to the database but need to make sure it is running properly before messing with it.

The problem i am facing is a redirect after logging in to the newly made board; it redirects to the actual site on the web and not to the one i have on the machine itself. (I have to use the actual admin username and pass to access the board too unfortunately after importing the database.)

What can i do so that after logging in, i will be directed to the board on my machine and NOT the actual site itself?

Thanks icon_smile.gif
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 am 
Post subject: Re: Sort of redirecting issue

You need to update the "server name" and potentially the "script path" in the phpbb_config table. There are a few other items that need to be fixed (cookie settings most likely have the wrong domain) but the reason you're getting redirected is because of the server name.

Do you know if the table prefix is phpbb_? If so, you can verify what the current settings are using:
Code:
select * from phpbb_config
where config_name = 'server_name';

It will contain the URL to the original server where the site was installed. You can update that using phpMyAdmin or direct SQL. The other item to check is whether you have installed your copy of the board in the same folder or in a different path. If it's different, you need to update that value as well.
Code:
update phpbb_config
set config_value = 'new_server_name'
where config_name = 'server_name';

update phpbb_config
set config_value = 'new_script_path'
where config_name = 'script_path';

Hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: Sort of redirecting issue

Thanks, i'll be having a go, will let you know by tomorrow hopefully icon_smile.gif

Quote:
The other item to check is whether you have installed your copy of the board in the same folder or in a different path.

Easyphp opens a /www folder in its own directory where you install the phpbb. I am using my own machine as server and just importing the phpMyAdmin database backup.

Edit: Got it working now thanks, i just had to figure out the correct paths icon_smile.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group