phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Getting an E-mail error

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
New Guy
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:17 am 
Post subject: Getting an E-mail error

When I send out a mass PM, I get this e-mail error. I don't see anything obvious, but I'm just learning phpBB2 - (someone wanna look at the file?) -

Image link
thanks
New Guy
AsciiSector
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:53 pm 
Post subject: Re: Getting an E-mail error

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/explanation-and-solutions-for-emailerphp-line-234-error/
New Guy
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:36 am 

I'm an idiot for not adding some important info -

regular e-mail notifications work just fine, if someone sends me a PM, I get an e-mail notification just fine. That means I have my mail configured correctly?

I have used mega mail regularly and have my list split up, and it has always worked like a charm .......... not with this webhost, (and I am sure I am under the hourly limit), I get the same error instantly).

I have looked at their suggestions and I am still broken, please give me some suggestions. thanks
New Guy
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 pm 

New Guy wrote:
I am sure I am under the hourly limit

Remember that there could be many emails sent at every reply to each topic.

If this has happened since you installed any new mod then try replacing backups and test again.

If you have not installed any mod that might have caused this then presumably your host has some setting stopping mass emails to be sent out. You will need to ask them if that is the case.
I have known hosts to remove the email facility completely but if you are paying then you have a right to expect a working mail system.
Check the T.O.S. to see if there is any mention of the mailing system.

Just noticed you said "Mass PM" - - What mass PM system have you got as that is not standard.
There is a "Mass Email" do you mean that?

Jim

New Guy
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:25 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
Just noticed you said "Mass PM" - - What mass PM system have you got as that is not standard.
There is a "Mass Email" do you mean that?

Jim

Jim, I have both Mass PM & Mass E-mail (and also mega-mail) -

I sure hope it isn't my host stopping this since I had to call them and ask them in person to bump up my limit from the stock 200perhr to the max allowable at 800perhr - I'd be kinda pissed if we went through all that, and then they had still had something that was blocking me anyways. icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the help guys, my next move is to call my pre-paid host !!!
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group