phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

For Jelly

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Search this topic... | Search Just Getting Started... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » Just Getting Started  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:34 am 
Post subject: Re: For Jelly

Acaria wrote:
Any why is that? He used to be a helpful, supportive member. Don't be so harsh on him. For all we know he could have had serious, real-life issues arise.

Don't be so quick to judge. icon_confused.gif

He was rude to me, and I can not forget that.

At the begining, he was keep on saying, a few times, that I have the chance of a "fresh start" here, because I was banned on phpBB.com. Like he was doying me a favour by not banning me here also, just because I got banned somewhere else. icon_rolleyes.gif
And when we have a discussion about if it's moral or imoral to read users pm's and I was saying that I consider it far more imoral to ban someone without a good reason, because it's a violation of the freedom of speech, he jumped up saying that I don't have any rights here and I can just go... But I was not talking about this board, I was speeking in general. It was something like... go away, but more indirect.
No. I am sorry, but I do not like Dave. It is very inpollite. I would never talk like that to one of my members.

If he has problems in his private life, it doesn't concern me. I just don't care...

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:22 am 

lumpy burgertushie wrote:

I would be willing to start another one if others would be willing to move over there and try to get the word out.

Count me in Robert.
There must still be 10's of 1000's of phpBB2 boards out there and many in the same position as myself that have put the time in on their sites to get it how they want and see no advantage in going to version 3.

Let me know when you are set up please.

Jim
lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:51 pm 

well here is the basics:
(link respectfully removed)
I really feel like I am hijacking Dave's site, but he is apparently not interested in it any longer so .....

robert
Ok, I am glad that this one is still going to be maintained. I have no desire to step on anyone's toes here.
phpBB2 Refugees
Camp Leader
Camp Leader

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:01 pm 

Why does the board require me? icon_razz.gif

If you want to start something new, by all means go ahead and do so.

I do apologize for the spam issue, I have added a note to the nightly summary email that I get that will let me know how many (if any) posts have been reported. If that's the only issue, it should be addressed.

A board is a community. Whether I am here or not should not impact the overall community. I am sorry for my absence but rest assured that I have kept the server up and running, have renewed the domain name, and done everything needed to keep the domain up and available. Spam issues aside (and I will address in a better fashion) I don't know that I need to be on the board 100% of the time. If I do, then yes, there is a problem.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:46 pm 

well, it did seem like it was abandoned. are the moderators not allowed to delete spam posts?
we were just wondering what was happening.

the community was here and somewhat active icon_cool.gif but the fearless leader was no where to be found.

thanks,
robert
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:30 am 

I can certainly appreciate that, and I have taken steps to make sure that spam is handled in a more timely fashion.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:41 am 

drathbun wrote:
I can certainly appreciate that, and I have taken steps to make sure that spam is handled in a more timely fashion.

That's good Dave. It was apparent to us that no moderator was visiting the board as spam that was notified was being left for days'.
I must have reported at least 2 dozen myself and also sent in a couple of requests via "Contact us" link that went unanswered.
Lack of admin or moderator activity for several weeks gave the impression that the site had been abandoned to Mr Jelly and James1 or what ever the Ugg boots sellers were called.
There are enough of us that visit here on a daily (several times a day actually) to make the site worth while running and maintaining.

Jim
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:31 pm 

I am pleased to know things are being worked out now, I'm sure this board will be a nice hangout as long as those shity spammers get what they deserve.

I gladly re-bookmarked this here board. icon_biggrin.gif

Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:29 pm 

Hi, I haven't been visiting here very much in recent months since my forum has been running smoothly, I had no questions, and I'm not so knowledgeable about the software and programming that I have much useful info to add, but I want to say that I am really glad this site exists and I hope it continues to exist (and remain full of helpful members). It's nice knowing it is here and I can always have my questions answered whenever I can't figure something out on my own.

It's also reassuring to see that if this forum ever did get abandoned or deleted, there are others willing to step in and create a new one. I still have no desire to switch to phpBB3.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:02 pm 

Looks like the spammer-tsunami icon_evil.gif has been halted somehow. icon_biggrin.gif

Or is it just the summer holidays season for those sons of spammin' bitches. icon_mrgreen.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:37 am 

I changed up the configuration of the Checkbox Challenge. It has more boxes and a different delimiter now. Don't know if that had a direct impact but it was easy enough to do. Everything about the registration process is set up in the admin control panel, so I didn't have to touch any code.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:16 pm 

I'm seeing the same four ckeckboxes, icon_smile.gif

But seems like the changes you made have turned them into too big a challenge again.

Are you sure the registration is still working fine? icon_biggrin.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:17 pm 

There are five checkboxes. I didn't complete the registration process, but I did pull up the form and verify that the changes are in place.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:16 pm 

Whoops, yes, five instead of four.

Most be my aging eyeballs. icon_eek.gif icon_lol.gif

Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:14 am 

Sylver Cheetah 53 wrote:
Acaria wrote:
Any why is that? He used to be a helpful, supportive member. Don't be so harsh on him. For all we know he could have had serious, real-life issues arise.

Don't be so quick to judge. icon_confused.gif

He was rude to me, and I can not forget that.

At the begining, he was keep on saying, a few times, that I have the chance of a "fresh start" here, because I was banned on phpBB.com. Like he was doying me a favour by not banning me here also, just because I got banned somewhere else. icon_rolleyes.gif
And when we have a discussion about if it's moral or imoral to read users pm's and I was saying that I consider it far more imoral to ban someone without a good reason, because it's a violation of the freedom of speech, he jumped up saying that I don't have any rights here and I can just go... But I was not talking about this board, I was speeking in general. It was something like... go away, but more indirect.
No. I am sorry, but I do not like Dave. It is very inpollite. I would never talk like that to one of my members.

If he has problems in his private life, it doesn't concern me. I just don't care...

Very sadly most forum owners feel that no one has freedom of speech on there site I know I've had issues with a lot of places like that who violate my freedom of speech.

The way the constitution works is that private owned sites do not have to give any one no freedom of speech what so ever now the way I look at it is like this, You have two basic type of sites you have Private sites which is not for public viewing meaning the only I can get on one of those sites
is for someone to give me there address and set me up a account under those terms I can see to a point of restricted someone's speech as it is pretty my the equal to being in there home.

But in my opinion any site or for that matter any place that is open to the public regardless of who owns it should by federal law automatically give up that right to censor someone's freedom of speech.
also all webhosting companys in there aup and tos are not telling you what you are now allowed to talk about and what type of info you may post Iam hoping to someday have my own home web server.
Register or Login to Post    Index » Just Getting Started  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group