phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Simplified Display of Hacks on phpBBHacks.com

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:42 pm 
Post subject: Simplified Display of Hacks on phpBBHacks.com

This is just a simplified front-end for the phpBBHacks.com-Website for searching phpBB 2.0.x Mods. I made it because the original "layout" was and is too much overwhelmed to me. I know the Author of phpBBHacks.com needs the money from the ads and banners he placed on the site so I decided not to include a "Search" function and to download the Hacks themself from the original site.
Because the site itself doesn't provide an external to use API (REST for example), I had to use some RegEx to extract the data I needed.

This Script consists of 5 Files:
  • /.htaccess: enable mod_rewrite to create some simple SEO URLs (the Scripts itself rely on these URLs, but I allow you to rewrite the sections of the Scripts to disable them and to use the following Files directly).
  • /hack_cats.php: Retrieves all phpBB 2.0.x related Categories from the original page, their descriptions and Hack count data.
  • /hack_list.php: Retrieves Hack listings with teaser descriptions from the selected category, with paginated navigation and phpBB related compatible version informations.
  • /hack_show.php: Retrieves selected Hack's data, clicking version of Hack redirects user to the Hack entry on phpBBHacks.com as hotlinking the files directly isn't allowed by the system.
  • /hack_style.css: the CSS stylesheet for customizing the interface (default colors based on listings from phpBBHacks.com).

This Script is HTML 4.01 Strict, UTF-8 compatible and can be simply customized using CSS, it can also be ported to use a template engine (Smarty for example).

System requirements:
  • Apache 1.3/2.0/2.2 Web server
  • PHP 4.4.9 or higher with PCRE enabled (PHP 5 should be installed on most providers machines, even on free available ones)
  • mod_rewrite should be enabled
  • some PHP and PCRE Skills, if you don't want to use the SEO URLs or want to modify them
  • Web Browser of your choice: default style even works on WAP phones and Smartphones (tested using Opera's Small Screen Rendering).

Defaults to ISO-8859-1 Charset Output (all Files) and German locale for date() and strftime() (see hack_show.php).

Feel free to post critism and suggestions in this thread.

simplified_hacks_listing.zip
 Description:
Simplified Display of Hacks on phpBBHacks.com

Download
 Filename:  simplified_hacks_listing.zip
 Filesize:  4.64 KB
 Downloaded:  495 Time(s)

dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: Simplified Display of Hacks on phpBBHacks.com

What's the purpose of this?
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:27 pm 

Is something not clear?

As the subject says you can use this alternatively to the "main" page. You can even rewrite this into a MOD to extend the ACP, so you don't have to leave your Board and make use of additional Tabs/Register pages in your Browser.

Better, shorter description: In-line MOD Search in ACP at phpBBHacks.com.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:23 pm 

If everything was clear I wouldn't ask. icon_smile.gif

Where's the install instructions?

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm 

Just extract the Files into your web root (also works with XAMPP (Lite) and other locally installed Apache Distributions).

If installed into the root and the Files haven't been modified, then you call the Script by the following:
Categories Overview: http://www.yourdomain.tld/hacks/
Single Category Overview: http://www.yourdomain.tld/hacks/catXX/pageYY/ (XX is the ID of the Category on phpBBHacks.com and YY is the Page number)
Hack Display: http://www.yourdomain.tld/hacks/catXX/hackYYYYY/ (XX is the ID of the Category on phpBBHacks.com and YYYYY is the Hack ID itself)

These IDs are automatically retrieved from the main site, you don't have to know them by yourself.
JLA
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:57 am 

Interesting concept

Thanks for posting

Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group