phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Moving Site and Going from 2.0.17 to 2.0.23

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
jpvwkd
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm 
Post subject: Moving Site and Going from 2.0.17 to 2.0.23

Hi there,

First post so please be gentle.

I have been running a forum for about 5 years now vwkd.com running version 2.0.17 and the guy doing my hosting doesn't want to do it anymore icon_sad.gif

Anyway I now have some new hosting but it has php 2.0.23 on it. TBH I am fudging my way round and don't really know what I'm doing but so far this is what I have done.

I have exported my db from my old hosting in separate tables onto my PC. The problem I have is that when I try to import them into the blank DB I've created on my new hosting I get constant errors with fields not existing eg user_allowhtml and so on... so I created the req'd fields (this is just on the _users table btw) and now I get an issue with duplicate entry for username_clean which doesn't even exist on my old DB.

I am totally lost on this and help/pointers much appreciated on what I should be doing to achieve moving my site from 1 hosting to another.

Although my version of PHPBB is well old the site does as I intended and don't really care too much for upgrading... but if I have to then now will have to be the time.

Thanks in advance.
JP
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:50 am 
Post subject: Re: Moving Site and Going from 2.0.17 to 2.0.23

First of all, try using mysqldumper to export and then import the DB-content.
That could solve some of the trouble!

So, export on old hosting (mysqldumper), import on new hosting (mysqldumper), then run the upgrade-skript for the database provided with the phpBB 2.0.23-package.

Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group