phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

New Server, DB Restore Issue

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm 
Post subject: New Server, DB Restore Issue

Hi Folks!

Thanks for this forum, looks like a great place!

I have been running phpbb2 for years on the same server, but recently switched hosting services. Before doing so, I did a full back-up of my database and didn't seem to have any problems except for the fact that I don't know exactly which version of phpbb I was using. I just know it was 2.something.

So now that I have my site up and running again (its only been down a couple of days) I downloaded and installed 2.0.22 because the date seemed about right for my last upgrade. Got the software downloaded and installed with no known problems.

Went in and restored the DB with no known issues either. However, when I go to my forums http://www.outdoors-411.com/phpbb/ I am still only seeing the basic "test forum 1".

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: New Server, DB Restore Issue

after reading back through some of the restore posts, I think this may be my issue

Installed this time with a different table prefix

http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/viewtopic.php?t=362

How can I determine what table prefix I used with the original installation, and which prefix I used on this installation?

Is there a way to change the prefix on the current installation that won't require re-installation of phpbb again?

Thanks again?
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:18 pm 

Open the config.php file from your first install. That will contain the tables prefix that you used. (open with Notepad)

You can then download config.php from the second install and edit what it shows for the prefix, save the chjange and then ftp back to the server.
Are you sure that you actually did upload the first database as it usually requires something like Bigdump if it is over 2MB?

Jim
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:22 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
Open the config.php file from your first install. That will contain the tables prefix that you used. (open with Notepad)

Hi Jim, thanks for the help.

It looks to be the default phpbb_ for both, thanks, didn't even think to look there.

Jim_UK wrote:
Are you sure that you actually did upload the first database as it usually requires something like Bigdump if it is over 2MB?

Not 100%, but it didn't appear to time out.

It is a pretty large DB at 275Mb, when it finished after about 20min or so I was expecting to see a DB restored message, but I only got a "Powered by phpBB 2.0.22 2001 phpBB Group".

I am not familiar with BigDump, are there written instructions somewhere as to how I would use it to populate the DB?

Thanks again....
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm 

Thanks, I thought I figured out the Big Dump, it seemed easy enough, but I encountered an error

Error at the line 464226: INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_id, word_common) VALUES('�before', '50499', '0');

Query: INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordlist (word_text, word_id, word_common) VALUES('�before', '50499', '0');

MySQL: Duplicate entry '' for key 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:43 am 

That is a common problem and easy fixed.
Open the sql file in a text editor such as Notepadd++ and do a "Find and replace"
Find the word "INSERT" (without the "" of course)
Replace with the word "REPLACE" (once again without the "")

Upload the database again to the directory dump you created and run Bigdump again.

Jim
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:02 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
That is a common problem and easy fixed.
Open the sql file in a text editor such as Notepadd++ and do a "Find and replace"
Find the word "INSERT" (without the "" of course)
Replace with the word "REPLACE" (once again without the "")

Upload the database again to the directory dump you created and run Bigdump again.

Jim

Do I replace all of the words INSERT with the word REPLACE?

Thanks Again...
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:07 pm 

TnTodd wrote:

Thanks Again...

Yes

Jim
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:33 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
TnTodd wrote:

Thanks Again...

Yes

Jim

Thanks,

I tried a replace all, uploaded and ran again, and got this error

Error at the line 1416062: INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

Query: INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '333' at line 1
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:39 pm 

Code:
Error at the line 1416062

Copy and paste all that line into your next post.

Do you not think it strange that we are now at line 1416062 and it has not shown there to be a syntax error previous to that. We have by then inserted over a million lines using the "REPLACE" command.

Jim
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:13 pm 

Jim_UK wrote:
Copy and paste all that line into your next post.

Do you mean copy that line directly from the .sql file?

I think this is that line
(edit to include the next line)

INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

Or, did I miss something from the error message (which I will go ahead and re-post below)

>>>>>>>
BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer v0.33b

Processing file: phpbb_db_backup-replace.sql

Starting from line: 1413440

Error at the line 1416062: INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

Query: INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

MySQL: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '333' at line 1

Stopped on error

>>>>>>>

Jim_UK wrote:
Do you not think it strange that we are now at line 1416062 and it has not shown there to be a syntax error previous to that. We have by then inserted over a million lines using the "REPLACE" command.

No I don't find it strange since I have absolutely NO idea what the heck I am doing.

Thanks for your patience and help. It IS greatly appreciated.....
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:33 pm 

Quote:
INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

You had to replace the word INSERT with the word REPLACE.

What has happened to the word REPLACE in that line?

The line would have started
Code:
INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

and then after the change should read
Code:
REPLACE INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) VALUES('24076', '3331', '0');

You need to open the sql file once again and insert the word REPLACE where it is missing from that line.

Check that the next and subsequent lines that have INTO also have the word REPLACE at the start so it reads REPLACE INTO.

Jim
TnTodd
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:43 pm 

For some reason there were a couple lines that didn't have an INSERT, and the Find & Replaced failed to continue below that point. After I went down through there and got those fixed, it appears that I have it back up and running.

Your help was key in me getting this back up, and your help was/is GREATLY appreciated...
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 pm 

My pleasure to have been of assistance.
If you need an explanation of what you were actually doing then I could PM you with the info or perhaps you are just happy that it is up and running again. icon_wink.gif

Jim
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group