phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

How do i install custom BB codes?

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Clare
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm 
Post subject: How do i install custom BB codes?

Hi guys! I really really wanna know how to install custom BBcodes. My board requires lots of image linking, and i want to have a code in the posting area that when clicking, a bb code comes up and all i have to do is type image for image.png to appear.

For example, to make http://myboard.com/image.png show up, it will be [image]image[/image] in bb code.

Does anyone know how i can do this? icon_smile.gif

Thanks!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 am 
Post subject: Re: How do i install custom BB codes?

When I want to add new bbcodes I usually follow rant_bbcode and change things to get the desired effects. It doesn't seem to be on phpBB Hacks, so here it is attached.

readme.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  readme.txt
 Filesize:  183 Bytes
 Downloaded:  309 Time(s)

rant_bbcode.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  rant_bbcode.txt
 Filesize:  9 KB
 Downloaded:  515 Time(s)

Clare
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 am 

I'm sorry, i should have mentioned that i am a total newbie at this. Would you mind providing detailed instructions? I installed easymod, but i couldn't get the mod to show up in my admin panel, so i tried doing it manually. Thing is, i'm not using subsilver as my template, rather i'm using Mike Lotham's NB2. Also, i installed the Advanced BBcode box so some of the mod steps couldn't be carried out.

Also, how exactly does rant_bbcode work? How would i go about adding in bbcode after i successfully install the mod?

Thanks so much for responding!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm 

Well I've never really used rant_bbcode as it was intended, but as far as I can remember it basically copies the Quote bbcode but calls it Rant instead. So you get a different font in a box
Quote:
like such.

It's used the same as the basic codes, but I'm guessing Advanced BBCode Box alters that greatly, so I can't really tell you how to add a custom code to it. Maybe you could follow Google Video and YouTube BBCode (Advanced BBCode Box) as a guide instead of rant_bbcode, but it's so old that it might not even work anymore (those features are now included in ABB).
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group