phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Shadow topics

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:00 pm 
Post subject: Shadow topics

When a topic is moved it should leave a shadow topic in the old forum provided it has been selected to do so. Unfortunately I have spotted that mine does not and I am unsure when it first stopped. Presumably due to some mod I have added.
Does anyone know where the bit of code that causes it to leave the shadow is to be found and what that code is so that I might compare mine with a fresh install to see what has gone wrong?

Thanks
Jim
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:26 pm 
Post subject: Re: Shadow topics

Jim, I can look that up, as some time back I removed the code as well. I don't like shadow topics. My first guess it that it's in modcp.php.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 pm 

Thanks Dave.

Jim
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm 

Is this it, in modcp.php?

Code:
               if ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['move_leave_shadow']) )
               {
                  // Insert topic in the old forum that indicates that the forum has moved.
                  $sql = "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (forum_id, topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_views, topic_replies, topic_first_post_id, topic_last_post_id, topic_moved_id)
                     VALUES ($old_forum_id, '" . addslashes(str_replace("\'", "''", $row[$i]['topic_title'])) . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $row[$i]['topic_poster']) . "', " . $row[$i]['topic_time'] . ", " . TOPIC_MOVED . ", " . POST_NORMAL . ", " . $row[$i]['topic_vote'] . ", " . $row[$i]['topic_views'] . ", " . $row[$i]['topic_replies'] . ", " . $row[$i]['topic_first_post_id'] . ", " . $row[$i]['topic_last_post_id'] . ", $topic_id)";
                  if ( !$db->sql_query($sql) )
                  {
                     message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not insert shadow topic', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
                  }
               }

Greetings. icon_biggrin.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:55 pm 

I will take a look later and see if I have "lost" that bit of code.

Thanks
Jim
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:03 am 

Unfortunately all that code was present and correct so the mystery deepens.

Jim
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:26 pm 

If the code is there, then it may be that something on the form has changed and the variable $HTTP_POST_VARS['move_leave_shadow'] is no longer being set.
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:31 am 

That is the next thing for me to check Dave. I will compare the template files using Winmerge to see if anything has vanished.
Personally I am not bothered about it not being there but a user compared my site to another where "they have a link from the original forum to the new location". It was only when he said that that I realised it had gone and of course that then got me wondering why.

Jim

Edit
Function now working. I wish that I had tested it myself earlier. Just took the users word that there was no link in old forum and did not test by simply looked at were the shadow should have been.
I guess which ever moderator moved it selected not to leave the shadow. icon_confused.gif
Next job is to have a word with them.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group