phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Could not insert data into users table

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
a1topdog
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am 
Post subject: Could not insert data into users table

I've recently installed a fresh version of phpbb2.0.23 and am getting the following error when any new user tries to register:

"Could not insert data into users table

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_users <I've edited out insert statement>

Line : 647
File : usercp_register.php"

Existing users can login and use the forum OK.

Any help to resolve this is appriciated. Thanks in advance.
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Could not insert data into users table

So you edited out the SQL Statement (and the error message itself, by accident or knowingly) after "INSERT INTO phpbb_users" and you want help, because there was an error in the SQL but we don't know why.
a1topdog
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:09 am 

This is the full message:

DEBUG MODE

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (8388608, 'mrteam', 1354884259, '37b4e2d82900d5e94b8da524fbeb33c0', 'sb@testmail.net', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 2, 0, 1, 0, '8d26a2')

Line : 647
File : usercp_register.php
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 am 

Did you not see an error message too, this seems to be only part of it, there should be another part indicating where in the code you posted is the error?
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 pm 

dogs and things wrote:
Did you not see an error message too, this seems to be only part of it, there should be another part indicating where in the code you posted is the error?

That is the whole message.
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:13 pm 

The query runs fine on my end, so the problem would be in the script I guess. But I need to run so I can't say more at the moment.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:21 am 

Perhaps someone else would like to count as well but I see 32 fields in the list but 34 bits of data that it is being asked to insert.

Jim
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:55 am 

I see 34 - 34. icon_wink.gif
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:04 am 

I've resolved the problem by deleting the last registered user - which was user id 8388607 from the phpbb_users table. The last registered user was inserted directly on to phpbb_users using the following sql:

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (8388607, 'admin1', 0, '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3', 'admin@yourdomain.com', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 0,1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1.00, 'D M d, Y H:i', 'english', 0, 1, 1, 1, '');

I'm not sure why this was causing a problem but deleting seems to have resolved it.

Thanks to everyone for you help.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 am 

dogs and things wrote:
I see 34 - 34. icon_wink.gif

Clearly time to get my eyes retested although it is only just over 40 years since the last time they were. icon_lol.gif

Jim
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 am 

I don´t trust my own eyes neither. icon_lol.gif
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:15 am 

By default, MySQL and phpBB will tell you what was wrong with your last action, for example "Unknown column XXXX in field list" means when there are typos in the SQL query with the field names or trying to insert data in non-existent table fields.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group