phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

phpBB 2 and php 5.4.9

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject: Re: phpBB 2 and php 5.4.9

The redirection fix does not work on 2.0.24. I'm always redirected to the index.php instead to the ACP after logging in into the ACP. I have to click again on the Administration link in the footer to open the ACP.

The private session id (p_sid) is set at this moment. It seems, you have to edit the login.php (and optionally login_body.tpl, depends on the code used).
achaab
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 am 

I checked the "mod", and i forgot to add the last "find"/"after add" in the login.php... i added it on page 1. I suggest you to try again after you added the missing line ^^
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 am 

Adding the $s_hidden_fields part in /login.php now instantly redirects to the ACP if the /admin/index.php is requested. Works even on PHP 5.3+.

Good work icon_cool.gif
asavage
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:45 am 

achaab wrote:
My webhost upgraded PHP from 5.3 to 5.4.9 and i have few issues :
icon_arrow.gif If a member has an accent in his name, he can not login unless he changes the accent by the same letter w/o accent.
IE : my name is "Téki", i can not login myself if i write "Téki"... i has to write "Teki".

I'm not yet seeing this problem -- probably because I don't have any members with those particular characters -- but I think I know why it's happening: htmlspecialchars() has a different encoding default in php 5.4 vs 5.3. See this post for details.
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:38 am 

Quote:
My webhost upgraded PHP from 5.3 to 5.4.9 and i have few issues :
icon_arrow.gif If a member has an accent in his name, he can not login unless he changes the accent by the same letter w/o accent.
IE : my name is "Téki", i can not login myself if i write "Téki"... i has to write "Teki".

asavage wrote:
I'm not yet seeing this problem -- probably because I don't have any members with those particular characters -- but I think I know why it's happening: htmlspecialchars() has a different encoding default in php 5.4 vs 5.3. See this post for details.

And you can apply these changes to not get in trouble with the new behavior of htmlspecialchars() and to get ready for the future with UTF-8.

For an existing installation you need phpMyAdmin (or a lot of SQL queries on the terminal) when converting the tables and you can skip the files in the /install folder, because they are only required for a new installation.
Do_Checkor
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:28 pm 

G'day folks!

First I'd like to say: Thank you very much for your efforts!

I was on 2.0.22 (with several custom edits and enhancements to cover for security issues, along dozens of customizations and mods) and needed PHP 5.4 for a different software.

Several issues occurred like Umlauts killing preview, registration issues and avatars impossible to upload.

Found this thread and waded through the process of upgrading my 14 year old BB to 0.23 to be able to properly add the code changes here.

So after some glitches and a lot of extra work to cover for extra fields, several mods, hand coded stuff and a couple of templates / themes I just finished.
Upgraded PHP back to 5.4 again and surfed through the board. Works fine!

But hell. Still avatar uploading does not work. Users receive an error like "the avatar must be in gif, jpg, or png format".
Tried my own avatar - just a 18KB gif 64x64 while that has always been within the allowed value.

Won't do. When I switch back to PHP 5.3 it works.

Now I found another issue when posting:

Vorübergehend funktioniert das Hochladen von Avatars / Profilbildern nicht vernünftig.

Ich hab den ganzen Tag dran gearbeitet, die anderen Fehler los zu werden. Ich möchte nun aber erst mal wieder bei der neueren PHP-Version bleiben, und bitte Euch, Probleme oder Fehler hier zu berichten.

Quote:
Could not insert new word

DEBUG MODE

Line : 236
File : functions_search.php

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
icc97
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm 

Just want to say thank you for this! That is a ton of work.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group