phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Can an individual user be moderated?

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
RefugeeBob
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Can an individual user be moderated?

My board has a problematic user. Many want him banned, but many others find him amusing. That puts me in a damned if I do and damned if I don't situation. He does tend to piss off some of the long-time and knowledgeable members.

Is there a way to moderate this individual user? That is, when this user posts, the post is held for approval before actually posting to the board?

Thanks.
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 am 
Post subject: Re: Can an individual user be moderated?

You can install this MOD, which allows you to moderate posts of users in selected ranks. The installation time is rather high (around 2 hours), but it can be worth to install it.

approval_mod_2.0.0.zip
 Description:
Approval MOD 2.0.0

Posts made by users belonging to certain group(s) must be validated by a moderator/admin before becoming available.

Download
 Filename:  approval_mod_2.0.0.zip
 Filesize:  108.05 KB
 Downloaded:  1439 Time(s)

RefugeeBob
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:11 pm 

Is it possible to moderate a group?
StarWolf3000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:59 am 

From the packaged FAQ:
Quote:
Q#01: What does this MOD do?

This MOD makes it possible to prevent users from viewing the unapproved posts until the contents has been approved by the moderator(s). The MOD can be used to combat spam bots that make random posts in the public forums or for extended moderation in any forum with sensitive topics (religion, politics, etc.) where post screening is required to maintain forum integrity. The MOD is quite flexible in its settings and allows you to configure various approval options per forum.

Q#02: How can I define who can post freely and who requires approval?

This MOD is very flexible when it comes to setting the approval permissions. It allows 3 main approaches to define who is allowed to post freely and who isn't: by setting forum's approval options, by setting user/group approval permissions or by setting ranks approval option. All of these can be combined to fit more specific requirements. Additionally, there are some extra options that can affect the approval decision making, such as 'Approval for new topics only' (and not the replies to them) or 'Topic starter can approve topic posts'. All of these features are discussed in more detail in the documentation. Also, see the next two questions for the real life example of approval settings combinations.

You can even define, who can approve posts (the topic starter, for example, allowing him/her to partly moderate his own topic) and how unapproved posts (and topics) are displayed (or not, yes you can even hide them completely) to other users.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 am 

The included FAQ in this MOD's package is probably the most detailed description of any phpBB2 MOD.
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group