phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4


 
Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Author Message
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:41 am 
Post subject: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

Users could upload photos using iPhones or iPads since IOS 7 and up through IOS 7.0.3. When IOS 7.0.4 came out, something changed in the way files are transferred which is incompatible with phpbb2. The upload gets "stuck" and times out.

This function still works fine with phpbb3 on the same server.

Any ideas? Any way to compensate for this?

Thanks.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

Uploading where using which function??
_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

JLA wrote:
Uploading where using which function??


Uploading photos (attachments) to posts on a phpbb2 forum. The forum has the old attachment mod.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:16 pm 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

RefugeeBob wrote:
JLA wrote:
Uploading where using which function??


Uploading photos (attachments) to posts on a phpbb2 forum. The forum has the old attachment mod.


We'll test on ours and see if we can replicate your issue.

_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:08 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

JLA wrote:
We'll test on ours and see if we can replicate your issue.


Thanks. I was able to replicate it on my forum using my own iPad with IOS 7.0.4.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

RefugeeBob wrote:
JLA wrote:
We'll test on ours and see if we can replicate your issue.


Thanks. I was able to replicate it on my forum using my own iPad with IOS 7.0.4.


We tested on our site (which uses the latest attachment mod code) here

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=249254968

Done with iPad Mode MC775LL/A on iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) via Safari.

No problems at all.

_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:17 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

JLA wrote:
We tested on our site (which uses the latest attachment mod code) here

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=249254968

Done with iPad Mode MC775LL/A on iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) via Safari.

No problems at all.


What is this "latest attachment mod" whereof you speak? I'm using the one that was available when our phpbb2 board was installed in July of 2006. There's a newer one for phpbb2?

Thanks.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

RefugeeBob wrote:
JLA wrote:
We tested on our site (which uses the latest attachment mod code) here

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=249254968

Done with iPad Mode MC775LL/A on iOS 7.0.4 (11B554a) via Safari.

No problems at all.


What is this "latest attachment mod" whereof you speak? I'm using the one that was available when our phpbb2 board was installed in July of 2006. There's a newer one for phpbb2?

Thanks.


Seems we are showing 2.4.5 was the last public release??

_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:31 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

JLA wrote:
Seems we are showing 2.4.5 was the last public release??


OK, I see I'm running 2.4.1.

2.4.5 is here:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/attachment_mod/

Any idea what it would take to upgrade? Would it be a simple matter of replacing the files, like installing the later one on top of the older one?

Thanks.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

RefugeeBob wrote:
JLA wrote:
Seems we are showing 2.4.5 was the last public release??


OK, I see I'm running 2.4.1.

2.4.5 is here:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/attachment_mod/

Any idea what it would take to upgrade? Would it be a simple matter of replacing the files, like installing the later one on top of the older one?

Thanks.


We would recommend upgrading version by version until you reach 2.4.5. Each version should have upgrade instructions.

_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
RefugeeBob
Board Member



Joined: 13 Mar 2011

Posts: 31



PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:20 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

JLA wrote:
We would recommend upgrading version by version until you reach 2.4.5. Each version should have upgrade instructions.


Any idea where to find the in-between versions?

Thanks.
Back to top
JLA
Board Member



Joined: 30 Apr 2009

Posts: 298
Location: U.S.A


flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:52 am 
Post subject: Re: Problem uploading photos with iPhone/iPad IOS 7.0.4

RefugeeBob wrote:
JLA wrote:
We would recommend upgrading version by version until you reach 2.4.5. Each version should have upgrade instructions.


Any idea where to find the in-between versions?

Thanks.


http://sourceforge.net/projects/acydmods/files/Attachment%20Mod/

_________________
http://www.jlaforums.com
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
 
Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group
Powered by phpBB2 © phpBB Group
Generated in 0.0105 seconds using 15 queries. (SQL 0.0013 Parse 0.0003 Other 0.0089)
phpBB Customizations by the phpBBDoctor.com
Template Design by DeLFlo and MomentsOfLight.com Moments of Light Logo