phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[RELEASED] [Premod] EzArena

Search this topic... | Search MOD Development... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:47 am 
Post subject: [Premod] EzArena

Hey!

This is a premod I made a year ago, based off the old premod UltimArena, and a lot of added mods (especially RPG stuff).

The github is here.
The list of mods is here.

I also optimized it quite heavily (on index, 4 sql queries and 0.05s on my computer), and made special efforts so that everything works together (i.e. subforums + keep unread flags + extreme styles)...
It also comes with a few templates (20), using XS's ".tpl sharing" features (so basically, none of the templates uses different tpl files, but they could. But currently, they only have different CSS/images and all works).
The focus on the RPG is quite strong. I first installed ShadowTek ADR 0.3.4's premod, then proceeded to upgrade it to 0.4.5, then patched a few things manually (and added many other mods, some of which I created on-the-fly). I also added rabbitoshi v3, a custom version, because the released one has a major bug that makes it unusable (simple fix).

It's currently only in french, but I did not add anything outside of the mods, so if you just compile the original language files from the list of mods, it'll work. I can also probably help.

PS: If you're looking for something less rpg-like, more cms-like, you might be interested in Icy Phoenix. This one has a very different codebase tho, which I'm trying to avoid here.

Cheers!
nostro
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:28 am 
Post subject: Re: [Premod] EzArena

Is there a demo?
Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:10 pm 

EDIT: No demo at this time, but I can put one up if you ask me.
Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:58 am 

Hunted down all the ADRs bugs I could find, and a sneaky interaction between subforums + and extreme styles (... that were believed to be incompatible).

The english translation shouldn't be too hard to pull off, the listing of mods has been updated and I have the adr_mods zip archive.
dondino
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:27 pm 

Hi Vendethiel,
you don't have anymore a "test" board where we can see all this good stuff in action? icon_smile.gif
Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 pm 

I have no idea how I completly missed your message... So sorry. If you're still interested I'll put a demo up.
nextgen
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:16 pm 

What is this premod ? I seem to recall it is a rpg deal ? Would love to see a live demo.
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group