phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

SOLVED: Users Can't Login

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
zhogan85
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 pm 
Post subject: SOLVED: Users Can't Login

I recently attempted to setup SSL but, decided to hold off for the time being. After I reverted my changes though, none of my LDAP users can login. I still can, as the admin account doesn't use LDAP.

I spot checked a few users, and confirmed they're still active. I think the cookie settings I changed must be the problem.

Settings are below. Any help is greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need more details. Thanks!

cookie_domain .classifieds
cookie_name phpbb2mysql
cookie_path /
cookie_secure 0
script_path /phpBB2/

I've also tried with domain as blank.
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: Users Can't Login

If cookies really are the issue, there is a cookie fixing MOD with explanations:
http://www.ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3376
zhogan85
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:36 am 
Post subject: Re: Users Can't Login

Thanks thats a good tip, but didn't work in this case. The problem was that the Proxy DN and Proxy DN password used for LDAP were somehow overwritten with my database login and password. We are good to go now.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group