phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Hello you guys!

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Dude111
Board Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:30 pm 
Post subject: Hello you guys!

Hello.... I am glad I found this site!!!!!!!!

I love phpbb V2,its much faster,etc than V3!!!!!

Im on IE6 and this site FLIES LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!!

A friend of mine just went from Vbulletin 2.x to phpBB 3.0 and he has installed SUBSILVER2 but I cannot see the icons (reply,etc) because of what they did in the css.... (IE6 doesnt properly get the images)

Does anyone here know of any tweaks that can be made with the CSS so the icons,etc show up on IE6??

I have tweaked the CSS a little (I can run custom CSS locally) and I can see THE TEXT where the icons are supposed to go but thats as far as I have gotton it....

I changed

/* Former imageset */
span.imageset {
display: inline-block;

to

display: inline;

I was thinking of trying to find a site running phpBB 2.x and trying THIER CSS on his site (On the subsilver2 skin) and thats how I found this one icon_smile.gif

I have loved Subsilver for many years,its a clean/basic skin and its fast but on PHPBB2.x and lower,ANY SKIN IS FAST!!!!!!!

I love the look and feel of this place icon_smile.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:31 am 
Post subject: Re: Hello you guys!

Hi and welcome aboard.
Not a great deal of activity on here these days but always find someone to help when things go wrong or to give advice.
Sadly I am not the one that can help you with your question but be patient and someone will I am sure.

Jim

Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:44 am 

I guess nothing ever dies, really icon_razz.gif.
Help me archive premods on github! (fixed for recent PHPs).
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:18 pm 

Is there any particular reason you need to use IE6? Internet Explorer has never been great at integrating standards and v6 is particularly old at that.

I'm afraid I won't be able to do much to help with a local CSS approach without having your version of the browser to test and see what's causing the issues.
Dude111
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:46 pm 
Post subject:

Well they have made the images generated IN THE CSS instead of in the HTML code of the skin..... (I think thats what my friend said (He knows more about CSS than I do))

I run IE6 cause I guess I havent found anything I like better..... I actually run an IE wrapper called "MyIE2" (Last version before name change to Maxthon)

Newer IS NOT BETTER and I have tried FF and it isnt quite as fast as IE6 is (Even when I set the max connections to 48 on Firefox also.. (Its close though))

I also would not be able to customise pages as well as I can with IE6/MyIE2 (You can do it with FF but you need a seperate plugin)

I also love IE6 cause I know Im not being spied on by my browser.... Privacy is very important to me.......

I appreaciate all you guys kind words here icon_smile.gif

I see some spam on this site,maybe a staff member could delete it sometime??
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group