phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[RC] IP Country Flag 2.9.6b

Search this topic... | Search MOD Development... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
3Di
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject: IP Country Flag 2.9.6b

MOD Title: IP Country Flag
MOD Description: It's a kind of IP Country Flags Invasion, read the Author notes for further infos icon_wink.gif

MOD Version: 2.9.6b

Demo Board: http://ipcf.io3di.com/
Demo Username: N/A
Demo Password: N/A

MOD Download: http://mods.io3di.com/ipcf296b.zip (very stable version)
3Di
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 pm 
Post subject: Re: IP Country Flag 2.9.6b

* reserved *
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:58 pm 

This looks interesting. I already have TerraFrost's "Log IP on registration" mod installed, and I also have the original "Country Flags" mod installed. If I try to install this mod, am I going to be facing an impossible task, in trying to avoid duplicating much of the code, or do you think that it will be easy to see what needs to be omitted. The logical thing to do would presumably be to uninstall those existing mods, but it's been so many years since I installed TerraFrost's mod, that I'm not even sure that I still have the files necessary to do that. I'll have to check, and play with it later, when I have more time. As I recall, the original Country Flags mod was pretty simple, though.

Thanks for a good-looking mod.
3Di
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:20 pm 

Greets,
the 'IP on Registration' stuff has been integrated under permission of Terrafrost but with flags, so I don't think you'll encounter any issue there.. just avoid to do the edits for that (described in the install.txt file).

About the other flag MOD, I got the Nuttzy99's permission to use parts of his code for this, I decided to modify it in order not to conflict with his MOD, so also here you should be safe.

Indeed, use a localhost and try it. I'm all hears.

Regards.
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:29 pm 

I appreciate your insight. I'm definitely going to give a try, as soon as I can find enough free time to do it.

Thanks again.
3Di
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:26 pm 

roadhog wrote:
I appreciate your insight. I'm definitely going to give a try, as soon as I can find enough free time to do it.

Thanks again.

FYI.. Easymod will take about 3 minutes to install it.
On a virgin phpBB2 and with no errors at all. icon_wink.gif
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 pm 

I haven't used Easymod much lately, after it started choking on a lot of my files - I've probably got over 150 mods installed, so it doesn't work as well for me as it once did, at least not with certain mods.

I've scanned through the mod, and it appears to be pretty straightforward, so I shouldn't have any problem adding it manually. I'm going to have to go through and pick out all the entries for the "Log IP on registration" mod, anyway. To tell the truth, I enjoy adding mods manually, most of the time, because it's sort of a relaxing pastime, and sometimes I even learn something by doing it. icon_biggrin.gif
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:09 am 

Hi 3Di,

I installed this mod today, and it works like a charm. I had to uninstall the RegIP and the Country Flags mods, first, though. I tried to install it with them both still in place, but there was so much unnecessary clutter, and confusion, due to all the overlap, that it was much easier to uninstall them first. I need to go back and re-install a few lines of code in a couple of files, and then I'll have the full functionality of TerraFrosts Log IP Address on Registration mod back in place, again.

I noticed one small issue with the mod, (though it's not a serious problem). In this part of the code:

Code:

#
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/index_body.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
# The found value can be different, if other mods look for rowspan="2"
# look for    <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="2"
#
   <td class="row1" align="center" valign="middle" rowspan="{%:1}"
#
#-----[ INCREMENT ]--------------------------------
#
# add 3 to the preceding value
# like rowspan="4"
%:1 +3

The first line found is not the correct one. (If you change the code there, it will result in about half of the statistics on the bottom of the index page being listed in a column on the left side). If, instead, you pass the first one up, and go to the second line found, the change will put all the data in the correct place, (across the bottom of the page).

For all I know, this might not be a problem with a plain vanilla subSilver/index_body.tpl. I've got so many mods on my board, that I may have added the extra line along with some mod, years ago.

Anyway, thanks for the mod - it's working great.
3Di
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:37 am 

Greets, that code it is only for EasyMod or for those like you they know what they are doing there in the scripts MODding by hand. icon_wink.gif
Inded into a Vanilla phpBB using EM it will do its job perfectly, as I above mentioned.. being your Board MODded or not, I guess. icon_wink.gif

Notice: if you want to upgrade your DB of IPS to the latest I released please follow this link: http://ipcf.io3di.com/viewtopic.php?t=9

It will be my pleasure (once I will update the phpBB3 DB) to release the newest one, though.

Thanks and regards. icon_cool.gif
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:36 am 

I appreciate it. I'll download that file.

Thanks.

Regards
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group