phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Conversion nightmare - Need opinions

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
dnachristen
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:05 pm 
Post subject: Conversion nightmare - Need opinions

Hello all, I'm new here.

I've been webmastering our VW Club site for 7 years now. It started life as a PHPBB site. It was full of security holes and bots when I took it over. I cleaned it up and did a conversion to Nuke. Years later I converted to Nuke evolution (see where this is going?) a year or so later I upgraded to Evolution Xtreme. We were hacked several times in the process with some nasty server side attacks. I was able to clean it all (several times) and kept ahead of it. Final blow was after upgrading to the newest version we lost admin control.

I had enough and did a fresh clean install of PHPBB3, and did the conversion on a copy of the database 2 months ago. What a mistake!! I mean it runs ok, but we all prefer the older version of PHPBB2.

I was wondering if there is a way of extracting the new posts and possibly the new users (users not critical, only 2 new) from the database to put in my fresh install of PHPBB2? Mind you this is evolution xtreme ver 2.0.9d.

I would post over on the xtreme site but they do not handle any questions regarding phpbb3, and since this is a phpbb3 to phpbb2 extraction issue, I thought you guys may know a trick or two.

Thanks in advance!

New phpbb3 site: http://www.sovw.org/vw
Old (new install) Nuke Xtreme site (with old database): htto://www.sovw.org/evo

Doug
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:12 am 
Post subject: Re: Conversion nightmare - Need opinions

I'd like to assume that if it can be converted one way, the reverse is also possible. But looking at the convertor files in a phpBB3 download, rewriting the tool to do the opposite would be quite the job. Perhaps instead of rewriting it you could look at what it does and perform the transfers manually through MyAdmin (or whichever db software you use).
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 am 
Post subject: Re: Conversion nightmare - Need opinions

I would talk to someone to do that: http://www.oxpus.net
That guy is really good in phpBB, I think he could do that in short time.

Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group