phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Urgent help needed please!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:56 pm 
Post subject: Urgent help needed please!

With the OS of the dedicated server we are on coming to the end of it's supported life we have had the site moved to a new server.
Unfortunately it has a version of PHP higher than the one it was moved from.
Most things are working just fine but two items have failed.
The most important one and the reason for my plea for help is that access to the Admin Control panel has gone.
Clicking the link at the bottom of the "page" immediately brings up an error message.
This error message is before the re-authentication screen appears.
***********************************************************************************
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
************************************************************************************

Has anyone experienced this yet with an upgrade of PHP and if so what was the solution?

New version is Apache 2.4 with PHP 5.6

The other failure is the Gallery were all I get is a blank white page.
Whilst the Gallery is not essential the Admin CP clearly is.

Thanks in anticipation.
Jim

Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:37 pm 
Post subject: Re: Urgent help needed please!

Hey Jim. I'm no expert at this but what version of PHP did you move from? That might help us identify the changes between those versions that might have broken the code.

Other than that, since we don't have an error message, I'm afraid you'd have to remove chunks of code until you find something that loads properly to identify where it breaks. Although maybe you can tweak your server's error reporting settings to get more info out of it.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:00 pm 

I am pretty sure it was it was 5.2 but can't be sure.
If anybody is using 5.5 and all is working perhaps they will say what problems they experienced if any.
Everything about that link must be standard.

Jim

Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:07 pm 

I see that admin/index.php uses long arrays, so if you didn't already make those changes on your install, maybe try the solution in this thread:
http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/viewtopic.php?t=1108

Maybe see if you can get similar errors anywhere else, especially pages that check for permissions like usercp and moderation tasks.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:35 pm 

All moderation tasks seem to be working fine as does registration.
The only thing apart from the Gallery is the error as soon as I click the Admin link at the bottom of the page.

Does anyone have the instructions that added the re=authentication as I get the error before that screen appears.
Could it be as simple as a bit of code in that modification.

Jim

Edit
I suspect now that the problem lies in admin/index.php as that is in the address bar when it fails.
Could it be connected to the failure of the Gallery which is failing to run and giving a blank screen when selected?
On previous modules becoming out dated I usually see the Admin CP but with an error message at the top of the screen.

lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 pm 

did you check the server error logs to see what is throwing the 500 error? also what is causing the gallery to throw the php error resulting in the blank page.

robert
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:54 pm 

Not yet Robert. I have only just managed to gain access to the server control panel.
Other issues as well = it seems that when it was migrated all folders took on the permission 755 which from memory does not allow uploads from the users.
Is it 777 or 666 ? (so long since I had to make any changes and memory not what it was)
Been at it 17 hours now and starting to flag a little. I have managed to get most things working but no file uploads at the moment.
It maybe that php.ini needs editing as well.

I am beginning to wish I had just left the site in its original location. icon_rolleyes.gif

Jim

Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:42 am 

I have speken to the hosts and they have installed EasyApache 3 and 4 on the server which if I went with version 4 would allow me to switch between PHP versions but only to downgrade to PHP5.4
I am not sure whether 5.4 would break the Admin CP and The Gallery (Mighty Gorgon Gallery 2) so only as a last resort.

One problem is that after so long of not having to do anything some things I have done in the past elude me. There have been previous instances where I have removed items from the Admin CP by removing them from one particular file. I think it was a template file that I edited and that caused the errors to go. Now I am assuming there might be a link between the Gallery failing and the error message when I try to access the Admin CP. If I remove that item from the Admin CP hopefully the problem goes away. I lose the Gallery but the site gets a new lease of life for hopefully a few years.

Does anyone recall the file that needs to be edited to stop the Admin CP showing Album management?

If that does not work then it is back to PHP5.4 with fingers crossed. Does anyone have theirs running on 5.4 that has GalleryV2?

Jim

Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:43 pm 

I'm afraid I don't know about any of that icon_sad.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:49 am 

I have gained access to the Admin control panel and the problem did not lie with Album mod control panel but with the way re-authenticate for access is done. I have removed something from the admin folder which I know I shouldn't but with it removed the re-athentication process could complete.
I hope with a bit of digging into the way the re-authentication works I shall be able to replace that item.

Just have to see if I can get the Gallery2 working now and then all should be good for another year or so.

Jim

Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:56 am 

Hi,

I can try to help if you give me more specific error messages / source code.

I've worked on these projects to bring them up-to-date:
- IntegraMOD (https://github.com/IntegraMOD/IntegraMOD150)
- Icy Phoenix (https://github.com/mightygorgon/icy_phoenix)
- EzArena (https://github.com/vendethiel/ezarena)

Help me archive premods on github! (fixed for recent PHPs).
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:23 am 

Hi, Thanks for your help. When I click the link for the Album all I get is a blank page with no error message. When I check the error logs there are none shown for that action. The Mod is the "Full Album Pack 1-4-1" by Mighty Gorgon.
I will see if I can attach it to this post. The "index" file is album.php which is in the root of phpBB.

We were on PHP5.2 and now on PHP5.5

Regards
Jim

Edit
The zip is far too large. If you PM me your email address I will send it to you.

Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:05 pm 

You may want to try to apply the first fix here:

https://github.com/IntegraMOD/IntegraMOD150/pull/1/files#diff-6b97c726e1d1201d87e40e6270e93b15

Open
Code:
album_mod/album_hierarchy_functions.php

Find
Code:
      album_get_sub_cat_ids($album_data['sub'][$cur_cat_id][$i], &$cats);

Replace With
Code:
      album_get_sub_cat_ids($album_data['sub'][$cur_cat_id][$i], $cats);

There might be a few other ones laying around...

You can send me your zip at
Code:
vendethiel {AT} hotmail {DOT} fr

Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 am 

Thanks for that. I will test it out later(just got up here after many many early mornings working on the problems the move caused)
It turns out that the zip I have is of a later version I think! (opening the index file there are many versions of what appear to be different sections by different authors)
If your code does not get it working I will go through the site and download all the sections, zip it and send it to you. Many thanks for your time.

Jim

Edit
Vendethiel you are a star.
I have just applied that simple change and the Album mod is working again.
You have my eternal thanks.

Just spotted that the slide show function is not working correctly. The screen is there and titles appear but some images fail to show.
The images that it misses are there as I can view them on the individual pages.
That seems now to be the only part of the Album that is not working correctly now and we can live with it.

Vendethiel
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:18 pm 

I just tried the slideshow on my local IntegraMOD (phpBB2 Premod), and it seems to work fine.
I tried to diff it with the one we had a few months ago (before we fixed up the package), but I only saw diffs between $HTTP_POST_VARS and $_POST.

I also looked at Icy Phoenix. The only thing I found was this : https://github.com/MightyGorgon/icy_phoenix/commit/b361b318bfb1067df03dc7139ddffe933c9c4605
but it doesn't seem relevant.

I need more infos if you want me to try and replicate it. How many pictures? Could you send them to me? Might be because it's jpg/png, might be because they have accentuated names, or EXIF info, etc. Ty icon_smile.gif

Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 2 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group