phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Why phbBB2?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:19 pm 
Post subject: Re: Why phbBB2?

Ok, I think we dont need to talk about phpBB3 anymore. Lets get back to topic! icon_biggrin.gif
Ram
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:21 pm 

Who is speaking phpBB3 here? icon_mrgreen.gif
Techie-Micheal
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:25 pm 

Ram wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, but once again, bashing doesn't do you any good. Do you see me swearing and bashing phpBB2? Of course not. Why can't you show the same respect?

Enough other persons make it for you. And I still don't see why we should to speak well of phpbb3 if we find it bad.
Showing respect and speaking well of something aren't always the same. From now on, I'll tell you how phpBB2 is absolute garbage, it is worthless, it is pointless, and nobody should be using it. Yeah ... not very nice, is it? Instead of me doing that, I've been sitting here showing you guys respect, even though I disagree with you. In return, you've been rude and bashing a piece of software.
Ram
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:35 pm 

Techie-Micheal wrote:
From now on, I'll tell you how phpBB2 is absolute garbage, it is worthless, it is pointless, and nobody should be using it.

I can say the same of phpBB3. I can explain why I prefer phpbb2 so far if it so saddens you. I have write a long comment on why phpbb2 is better than phpbb3 but I don't think that you understand French... (drathbun did the same on his blog from what i have seen)

Other point about respect, people using phpbb2 are much more respectful than those using phpBB3 and do not try to persuade them to convert their forum to phpbb3 (as make it official communities and others funny muppets), because from their point of view phpBB2 is suppose to be old and bad.
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:59 pm 

Allow me step inside for a moment.

phpBB 2 and 3 are both completely awful! phpBB 1 is the best!! icon_mrgreen.gif

Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:00 pm 

icon_mrgreen.gif icon_lol.gif
Techie-Micheal
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:43 pm 

Ram wrote:
Other point about respect, people using phpbb2 are much more respectful than those using phpBB3 and do not try to persuade them to convert their forum to phpbb3 (as make it official communities and others funny muppets), because from their point of view phpBB2 is suppose to be old and bad.
I've certainly not seen phpBB2 users being more respectful here. If anything, they are less respectful than phpBB3 users. Again, nobody is telling you to move to phpBB3. You want to stay with phpBB2 and that's fine, but in the process you are being disrespectful to phpBB3 and those that choose to use it.

Quote:
phpBB 2 and 3 are both completely awful! phpBB 1 is the best!! icon_mrgreen.gif
Yes! icon_mrgreen.gif
Ram
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:06 pm 

Techie-Micheal wrote:
I've certainly not seen phpBB2 users being more respectful here. If anything, they are less respectful than phpBB3 users. Again, nobody is telling you to move to phpBB3. You want to stay with phpBB2 and that's fine, but in the process you are being disrespectful to phpBB3 and those that choose to use it.

Go to phpbb.com or similar official boards and you will see how people are respectful to the phpbb2 users...
"phpbb2 is shit, just forgot it and upgrade to phpbb3 the best version ever"
So it can have a place where we dislike phpbb3 and have the right to show it (this similar place are not reserved to phpbb3 users)...

Again, i don't know what you are doing there is you love so much phpbb3 and hate phpbb2 users.
Techie-Micheal
Board Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 pm 

Ram wrote:
Techie-Micheal wrote:

Go to phpbb.com or similar official boards and you will see how people are respectful to the phpbb2 users...
"phpbb2 is shit, just forgot it and upgrade to phpbb3 the best version ever"
So it can have a place where we dislike phpbb3 and have the right to show it (this similar place are not reserved to phpbb3 users)...
I'm pretty sure you are making that up. Have some proof? The phpBB.com staff doesn't allow bashing.

Quote:
Again, i don't know what you are doing there is you love so much phpbb3 and hate phpbb2 users.
Who said I hate phpBB2 users? In fact, I said just the opposite.
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:38 pm 

Come on guys, this does not lead anywhere ...
Ptirhiik
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:01 pm 

Ok. Well, I'm a bit upset of what I'm reading, and especially the way Techie-Michael is treated here. First, guys, just remember who Techie-Micheal is: just do a quick search about his contributions on the phpbb.com forum, especially phpBB 2 support part: he knows what he is talking about, and the way he is talking. Then, though he has been very respectfull of all opinions, some of you are not showing the same respect. He has his opinion, you have yours, that's it. Listening both part are usually the only good way to go somewhere.

Now about phpBB 3: yes, it is a master piece of coding, clean, smart, name it. No, you are not forced to adopt it and upgrade: that the whole purpose of this very board, and I wouldn't upgrade by my side. Yes, there are some serious consideration at some places in phpBB 3, especially administration-side. And yes I have my own issues with the phpBB team, especially the way the phpBB 2 line was ended. However, even if I do not agree with their politics anymore nor trust this politic for the future, that does not mean I disrespect the work they have done by the past, nor the work they are doing at this time: nobody can deny their willing to do something good for the communities, nor they actually do it. Believe me, those guys are really nice ones, with a ton of knowledge well used and a real will to share it.
Holger
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 am 

I agree to most of what you say Ptirhiik.
BUT. As the URL already states: this site is a plattform for phpBB2-fans. No need to defend or advertise for phpBB3 here. He is aware that he will not make friends here by talking about phpBB3.

I have the biggest respect for Micheal and other BIG names I see over here. I am not a coder, but I have contributed in other ways, to make phpBB famous and beloved. So I dont want myself or other be abused for being respectless. Most of us know what we are talking about and why.
SamG
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:20 am 

Ptirhiik wrote:
Ok. Well, I'm a bit upset of what I'm reading, and especially the way Techie-Michael is treated here....

Good comments, all. Well balanced, well done.
hoimyr
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:36 am 

Well if i had 0 mods i could convert to phpbb3. But after years of modding and tweaking my phpbb2 board thats just stupid. And where is all the speed-tweaks and snax for phpbb3? No way.. I see phpbb2 as an big muscle guy and phpbb3 as an newborn baby.. icon_wink.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 10 of 10 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group