phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Hide posts deleted by secondary admins to secret area

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:59 am 
Post subject: Hide posts deleted by secondary admins to secret area

Hy!

Sorry to remake this topic, but eather the old one has been deleted, eather I just can't find it. If someone finds it, please merge it. icon_wink.gif

I really really need to do something because one of the other admins on my board is saying that he is going to delete all my posts that he just doesn't like. icon_sad.gif I am willing to do hundreds of codes, to work 3 days without any stopping, but I really need to solve this. No matter how much code changing will be... Many of you are very good programmers.
I need one of this 2 things:
1.Deleted posts by other admins go to secret area, wich can be view only by main admin
2.Deleted posts go to no-delete area, where just no one, not even main admin can delete posts

Please, please help me. icon_sad.gif Who will find a solution for this, he will gain one month of adware on this board, wich is also mine and wich has 10 000 unic visitors pe month. I will put a little banner in the footer for you. icon_wink.gif
Thanks!

Regards,
Daniel

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:09 am 
Post subject: Re: Hide posts deleted by secondary admins to secret area

I'll see what I can do. icon_smile.gif
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:20 am 

I know you will say I'm not helping you, but I have to ask: Why are you keeping admins that seem to want to overpower you? I mean, if he is doing or planning to do things against your will, why keep him as an admin in the first place?
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:57 am 

It wasn't deleted, it's here:

http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/viewtopic.php?t=182

FYI, there is an easy way to search for your own posts. One of the drop-down options in the search box is "Topics I Started" or something like that.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:42 pm 

Sorry, Dave, I didn't see it. If you want, you can merge it with this one, close it, move it to trash, or even delete it, I won't mind. icon_wink.gif
Dog Cow wrote:
I'll see what I can do. icon_smile.gif

That would be great. icon_smile.gif
Salvatos wrote:
I know you will say I'm not helping you, but I have to ask: Why are you keeping admins that seem to want to overpower you? I mean, if he is doing or planning to do things against your will, why keep him as an admin in the first place?

He is a friend of mine, I will not put a forum over an friendship. I will be silent about the things I don't like. icon_wink.gif

I forgot to tell you guys that I already use Move Post Instead of Deleting MOD. This MOD moves messages deleted by moderators and simple users to an area of admin choise, where only he sees them and, therefore, delete them. Probably it should be modified to move there also admins posts (like in eviL3's Simple Bin MOD) and then, make it one of my two wishes, that I was talking about in the first post.
Sylver Cheetah 53 wrote:
1.Deleted posts by other admins go to secret area, wich can be view only by main admin
2.Deleted posts go to no-delete area, where just no one, not even main admin can delete posts

lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:49 am 

he is not much of a friend if he is threatening you and your board.

tell him that if he deletes any of your posts, that you will take away his admin status.

before you do tell him, make a back up of the database so when he childishly does it anyway, you can recover and then remove him from admin status if not from the whole board.

sounds like maybe you are running a board for kids.

robert
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:35 am 

I allready did something about his "warning". I used Disallow Editing/Deleting of Administrator Posts.
I've replace
Code:
if( $userdata['user_level'] != ADMIN )

With
Code:
if( $userdata['user_id'] != 2 )

And
Code:
AND u.user_level = " . ADMIN . "

With
Code:
AND u.user_id = " . 2 . "

So now the whole MODification looks like this:
Code:
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------
#
modcp.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
   case 'delete':
      if (!$is_auth['auth_delete'])
      {
         message_die(MESSAGE, sprintf($lang['Sorry_auth_delete'], $is_auth['auth_delete_type']));
      }

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------------
#
      if( $userdata['user_id'] != 2 )
      {
         $topics_sql = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['topic_id_list']) ) ? implode(',', $HTTP_POST_VARS['topic_id_list']) : $topic_id;
         $sql = "SELECT t.topic_id
               FROM " . TOPICS_TABLE . " t, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
               WHERE u.user_id = t.topic_poster
                  AND u.user_id = " . 2 . "
                  AND t.topic_id IN ($topics_sql)";
         if( !$result = $db->sql_query($sql) )
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not retrieve topics list', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
         }

if( $db->sql_numrows($result) > 0 )
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_auth_edit_delete_admin']);
         }
      }

#
#-----[ OPEN ]--------------------------------------------
#
posting.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]--------------------------------------------
#
      if ( empty($post_id) )
      {
         message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['No_post_id']);
      }

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]--------------------------------------
#
      if( $userdata['user_id'] != 2 && ($mode == 'editpost' || $mode == 'delete' || $mode == 'poll_delete') )
      {
         $sql = "SELECT u.user_level
               FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u
               WHERE p.post_id = $post_id
                  AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
                  AND u.user_id = " . 2;
         if( !$result = $db->sql_query($sql) )
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not retrieve post information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
         }
         if( $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result) )
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_auth_edit_delete_admin']);
         }
      }

I'm not sure I used the proper codding, since I'm not a programmer, but I tested and it works, my posts can't be modified or deleted by someone else but me. icon_smile.gif

For the momment, I am not as desperate as I was, since now even topics where I posted in can't be deleted. First, my messages would have to be moved somewhere else, and only then the topic can be deleted. So it's good. icon_biggrin.gif Of course, I could replace whole delete system, but I think I would go too far, I do not want to exagerate. icon_wink.gif

I guess the solution for what I asked for, or at least an easyer way, would be to add in the code something like IF forum_id = 10; message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_delete_forum']); Of course, this is not a good code, but I just wanned to show what I am thinking about. So even more then this: IF forum_id = 10 & user_id NOT 2; message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['Not_delete_forum']);. That would be deny action for other admins. icon_biggrin.gif
That is my idea, now I'll just have to wait to see if what I say it's possible to do. icon_biggrin.gif

Even if my posts can't be modified or deleted, I still want this, because I want to see what other admins are deleting and if I want, I want to be able to pui it back. icon_cool.gif

P.S.: The people using my board are 15-25 years old, so yes, I guess you can say it is a kid board. icon_redface.gif

lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:32 pm 

"kids" does not necessarily relate to age. many times so called adults act like "kids". icon_lol.gif

From many of your posts and from what MODs you have installed, it seems that you do not have very much control on your board.
Well, actually, you do, but you have to resort to all those MODs to maintain it.

I see this a lot and just dont understand why board owners put up with all the crap.

I woulud rather just have rules in place and tell my staff to enforce them fairly. If visitors/members do now want to follow the rules, then I dont' need them cluttering up my board and wasting my or my staff's time.

I feel this is true even it the board is aimed at young kids. How else are they going to learn how to behave if nobody will hold them accountable for their actions.

There I go on my soapbox again.

sorry,

robert
RMcGirr83
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:10 pm 

lumpy burgertushie wrote:
"kids" does not necessarily relate to age. many times so called adults act like "kids". icon_lol.gif

I'm a "kid", at least according to "she who must be obeyed" I am. icon_wink.gif

Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group