phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

The avatars section had troubles...

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
khofech
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 am 
Post subject: The avatars section had troubles...

hi guys (and probably girls icon_neutral.gif ) , I use 2.0.22 version of phpbb, and i'm happy with, except that I can't understand how to use avatars,, and i think that the avatars module had some problems, ok, I only can use remote avatars, but can't use local avatars, when disabling remote avatars from ACP, the showen avatars beside each nickname disappear, and when entering avatars gallery, there are no avatars, and there is only an "empty" drop down list entitled please choose the category....!!! I already upload hundred of avatars in both avatars folder and gallery folder in hope that will work. PS : I recently download the upgrade from 2.0.22 to 2.0.23 (thnx dogs and things) but there is no patch there for avatars module, so it will not help,,,,,, any tips guys ?
Sylver Cheetah 53
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:40 pm 
Post subject: Re: The avatars section had troubles...

You have to CHMOD avatars folder to 777. icon_wink.gif

phpBB2 forever! icon_smile.gif
roadhog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:03 pm 

Hi,

Your avatars should go into subfolders, not directly into the "avatars" folder, or the "gallery" folder. IOW, the directory structure should be something like:

phpBB2/images/avatars/gallery/varioussubgalleryfolders/individualavatars

In the ACP Configuration file, your "Avatar Storage Path" and "Avatar Gallery Path" should look something like:

images/avatars/gallery

Be sure that "yes" is selected for the Enable gallery avatars option.
khofech
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:10 pm 

thnx guys (and maybe girls hhh) . sheetah : I'm under dev env in windows, there isn't the famous and smart CHMOD icon_sad.gif , and roadhog big thanx, now it works like a charm icon_wink.gif , but still have a little question, what is the difference between the avatar folder and the gallery folder ? because when I create a subfolder in the avatar folder it still doesn't work, and when I create let's say "cat1" folder into gallery folder it works fine, I though avatars folder is for avatars pics, and gallery folder is for personal photo, isn't it ???
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:22 pm 

Hi,

Avatar folder is for avatars uploaded by users.
Gallery folder is for avatars you place there for your users to use.

Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 am 

thnx all, all is working, and I finally roger what going on with avatars, now i need just to find a good place where to download a fantastic avatars packages icon_smile.gif thnx again
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group