phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

E-Mail Notifications from the website

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
YoMoma
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 am 
Post subject: E-Mail Notifications from the website

I noticed when I get a notification of a reply to a thread I`m watching that when I get the e-mail, the link is not fully highlighted. Only about the first 3 letters after the http:// show as highlighted, and the rest are black type. Clicking on the link gets you nowhere.
I`m using the the template XD-Error, Designed by Xtrato Designs
I am using phpBB version 2.0.10 on a php-nuke site.
Whats going on here?
lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:39 am 
Post subject: Re: E-Mail Notifications from the website

YoMoma wrote:
I noticed when I get a notification of a reply to a thread I`m watching that when I get the e-mail, the link is not fully highlighted. Only about the first 3 letters after the http:// show as highlighted, and the rest are black type. Clicking on the link gets you nowhere.
I`m using the the template XD-Error, Designed by Xtrato Designs
I am using phpBB version 2.0.10 on a php-nuke site.
Whats going on here?

well, you have a few problems here.

the first problem is that you are 13 versions out of date and are using one of the most hacked versions there ever was.

second, you are using NUKE. the version of phpbb that NUKE uses is substantially different from the standard phpbb versions.
and you can not use the updates from phpbb.com or here, to update your board because of this.

and finally, if neither one of those things is causing your problem, it is probably related to that style.

can you switch to a different style ( maybe subSilver ) and test it .

robert
Slackervaara
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:35 am 

I would change to the theme Anagram, which uses the SubSilver template supplied with phpbb for PHP-Nuke. In PHP-Nuke themes many have their own forum templates that can introduce flaws.
YoMoma
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm 

Well, when I go to the forum configuration, it seems to be on the subsilver style as default. No other styles are available to choose from.
Slackervaara
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:01 pm 

Thats true, but some themes have their own forum templates. Most advanced themes got their own forum templates. It is easy to find out if you look in the theme folder and finds a forum folder there.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group