phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Quote Feature isnt working

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
YoMoma
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:33 am 
Post subject: Quote Feature isnt working

Whenever I try to quote someone in my forums, I use the quote code correctly, but it doesnt seem to work. Doesnt for anyone on the boards.
It just shows what you quoted, with the quote tags in front and behind and the quote is not in a different shade like it usually is.
I am using phpBB version 2.0.10 on a php-nuke site
Slackervaara
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:58 am 
Post subject: Re: Quote Feature isnt working

I have a PHP-Nuke site. In order to quote to work properly each member must in their account preferences Always allow bbcode, because otherwize it won't work. I would check this in your own account.
YoMoma
Board Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:15 pm 

Always allow bbcode has always been on in my profile.
I`m finding lots of little things that bug the heck outta me. Like topics always saying that they are new, yet you view them, even click on "Mark all topics read", and the forum icon still is lit up as if to tell me I have unread topics in there.
Slackervaara
Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:36 am 

Have you tried to use a standard PHP-Nuke theme like Anagram to try to reproduce the error and see, if it is caused by your theme or not? XStrato has also a forum dedicated for questions about their themes.
espicom
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:43 am 

If you are using phpBB 2.0.10 anywhere you should not be allowing users to access it. You have far more serious issues than quotes not working!
Red Dog
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:22 pm 

What's the point of using php-nuke? icon_neutral.gif
Slackervaara
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am 

PHP-Nuke is a CMS like Joomla and Drupal. When I started for 6 years ago PHP-Nuke was the most popular CMS, but not today. The nice thing with PHP-Nuke is that it is not so popular amongst hackers like 4-5 years ago.
YoMoma
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:30 am 

Red Dog wrote:
What's the point of using php-nuke? icon_neutral.gif

A Content Management System such as php-nuke is a good fit for the site I help administer. It`s easy to add content for a website using nuke.

Looks like we are going to scrap our website & host and set up a new site using HTML. And our forum will be a standalone phpbb forum that is the latest version. Hopefully this will correct the problems we are currently facing.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group