phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[BETA] phpBB Fetch All 2.0.16

Search this topic... | Search MOD Development... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:41 am 
Post subject: phpBB Fetch All 2.0.16

MOD Name: phpBB Fetch All 2.0.16
Author: Ca5ey
MOD Description: phpBB Fetch All is a modification to phpBB that displays data from the forum on any page of a website.

I started doing some updates to this old API suite and wanted to pass this on to other members of the community
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpbbfetchall/
I initially downloaded the 2.0.14 version from phpbbhacks [link] and ran into problems with the script as I began using it, and decided to update. Then I discovered there was a newer version...

I'm not sure whats happened with this API suite. Its clearly had a lot of work gone into it, but seems to have been forgotten about. The support site, http://www.phpbbfetchall.com has gone, and there's no mention of this MOD on phpbb.com. The last action I can see on this MOD is 23 May 2007 [link], where Ca5ey proposes starting a new phpBB Fetch All for phpBB3. Not sure how useful that would be - doesn't phpBB3 have already a pretty robust API system cored into it? (NB. Looks like someone else has taken up with this mod! [link] )

Nevertheless, the 2.0.12 version was validated on the 9th August 2004,
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=142449
still quite a formidable set of tools at that version, but for whatever reason that thread's been taken down and no mention anywhere I can see on phpbb.com [archive link]

Anyhow I still think it is useful, and I hope other members of this legacy community will feel so also. My updated version, 2.0.16 fixes a few bugs but mostly I have changed to make fully EM compatible and an option to disable updating of user post counts.

Code:
## 2008-07-10 - 2.0.16 EM
##     Unofficial update by Ornette
##     - phpbb fetch all will not work unless 'PHPBB_FETCH_ALL_INSTALLED'
##       defined in constants.php
##     - individual modules will not load if common.php is not already included
##     - file paths changed: function files now go in includes folder, examples
##       now go in forum root
##     - modification to functions_post.php to allow disabling user post count update

As I started from 2.0.14 I then had to double back on myself to see what changes were in 2.0.15 (changelog details: [link] ).
There were a couple changes not documented. It seems attempt was made to change display of online users in stats.php & portal.php, but its not very clear and I don't think this was finalised by Ca5ey. So I ignored those changes putting back what was in 2.0.14.

Another thing that this version contains is the documentation from the original site that is otherwise only accessable via web.archive.org [link].

So please take a look and any comments to further improve would be warmly welcomed. Thanks!

phpbb_fetch_all-2.0.16.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  phpbb_fetch_all-2.0.16.zip
 Filesize:  136.77 KB
 Downloaded:  1909 Time(s)

Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group