phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

[BETA] Advanced Forum Disable 0.0.5 EM

Search this topic... | Search MOD Development... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Ornette
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:24 pm 
Post subject: Advanced Forum Disable 0.0.5 EM

MOD Name: Advanced Disable Forum 0.0.5 EM
MOD Author: drumstix42
MOD Description: Allows more control and customization when you disable your forum.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=274377

I've updated this mod and decided to share with the community.

It improves on a number of points on the last version. Mostly, I started encountering "message_die() was called multiple times" errors, which all down to the board disabled check being placed in page_header.php. I have moved the check back to common.php, where it should be.

There are some other improvements, and I have added some extended notes into the MOD file for reference.

Advanced_Disable_Forum-0.0.5 EM.txt
 Description:
version 0.0.5

Download
 Filename:  Advanced_Disable_Forum-0.0.5 EM.txt
 Filesize:  17.31 KB
 Downloaded:  10322 Time(s)

dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:32 am 
Post subject: Re: Advanced Forum Disable 0.0.5 EM

Good work, I have the original MOD installed so I'll check this out.

Thanks for sharing. icon_wink.gif

Board Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:04 am 

I've had a little think about this, and I'm wondering whether the best method is to put the disabled check into sessions.php, like Prent's approach in Admins Can Use A Disabled Board

I grabbed the idea to put session_pagestart() into the if loop from snw here, but what this is gonna do is clears the person's last visit date if the board is down... something I tried to avoid here icon_lol.gif
http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/viewtopic.php?t=314

Any ideas?
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:03 pm 

Hi there,

I donīt know what to say really as my knowledge is not good enough. I have very basic understanding of code and the way phpBB2 works and to be honest I havenīt got a clue. icon_confused.gif

I do think your questions are very good and hope someone with more knowledge will show up to share his point of view on the subject.

Havenīt had time yet to test your MOD but I will do that.

Greetings.

Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:10 am 

I had a look into this and it seems the other mod gets a problem with the Guest Sessions mod if it is installed... not sure how to fix that, as they both mess around with the sessions.php. Guest Sessions kinda makes a vague state of 'session' if you're not logged in which the other mod doesn't check for!

i'll have a think about this because I'm not too sure about having the session_pagestart() getting called twice, just so we can check the user level... clearly not the prettiest of methods!!
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Development  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group