phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Posts missing after conversion

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Jen
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:18 pm 
Post subject: Posts missing after conversion

Help!

I'm converting an ipb forum to phpBB2 and have been tearing my hair out over it!!

1) I downloaded a .sql backup of the old ipb board
2) Created a database on my server using phpMyAdmin
3) FTP'd the phpBB2.0.23 folder (and installed BB2), and ipb2phpBB converter to my webspace.
4) Ran the converter and now have both ipb_ and phpbb_ sat on the same database.

I checked the new BB2 forum and all the members and topic headers are there but no posts!

I did have a problem with the 30 second time-out feature when converting the posts but added a line of code (@set_time_limit(0); ) to the conv_posts_text.php file in the converter and it seemed to work fine. But when I checked the forum.....nothing but the topic headers/members.

I'm a total noob when it comes to all this and most of the solutions were found by Googling. I guess I've missed a step along the way or forgotton to tick a box, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you icon_smile.gif
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:52 pm 
Post subject: Re: Posts missing after conversion

I guess the first thing I would check would be to see if all the posts were there in the IPB sql file as there could have been a time out at that stage.

Consider doing the conversion offline on localhost as well by setting up XAMPP
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Jim
Jen
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:53 pm 

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I've done an offline conversion using EasyPHP and I seem to be stuck in exactly the same place!

1) BB2 is installed on the localhost.
2) The database in MyphpAdmin is sat with both ipb_ and phppb_ files.
3) I ran a conversion using ipb2phpBB and it seems to have converted fine (the cPanel on BB2 is saying the database is roughly 12mb, which seems the right size for the forum)

But still there is nothing but the members and topic titles!

The original .sql file seems to contain all the posts from the original forum. I clicked on ibf_posts in the database and all the messages were there.

I did notice during the ipb2phpBB conversion (I checked BB2 after every conversion step) that the number of topics/posts jumped up to roughly the right number of messages. However when I clicked on a topic there were no messages. And after I ran the final step of resynchronising the forums the number dropped back down to zero and I was left with an empty forum again!

I'm at a loss as to what to do next! I hope you can help.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:36 pm 

The person that seems to be most in tune with the convertors is "Dickie" http://www.phpbb2refugees.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=134 but he does not seem to be active on here.
You could always try a PM to him on phpbb.com and see if he has any ideas about what may be going wrong.

Jim
Jen
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:57 pm 

I've sent Dicky a PM, thank you for the suggestion icon_biggrin.gif

So I guess its a conversion problem rather than a settings error or human error? I must have gone over everything a thousand times and I just cant see what the problem can be! icon_sad.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group