phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Improved posting for The Blog Mod

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Hagbard_Celine
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 am 
Post subject: Improved posting for The Blog Mod

Hey guys. We need to develop an improved text editor for The Blog Mod if it's ever to be of practical use. Kinda like what you'd find with the BBCode Box v5.1.0 modification.

I'm preparing to work on this project myself. But I have extremely limited skillz when it comes to databases and my php skillz leave much to be desired.

The templates of the Blog Mod are .html, which from my reckoning wont be able to support any kind of editor that looks nice and is user friendly, in other words; Javascript. Let me know if I'm wrong in this assumption.
So I'm guessing on that assumption that requires change the file type that the php documents call for their template. This is where I hit a brick wall, I can't find any referrences anywhere.

While we're at it, we might as well make a modification that covers the forums too since the blogs uses the same BBCodes as the actual forums themselves.

Can anyone help me or do it for me? lol Thanks for your time guys.
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:25 am 
Post subject: Re: Improved posting for The Blog Mod

I don´t know if this can be useful for your purpose but I recommend you take a good look at TinyMCE.

Greetings.

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:26 pm 

You should be able to put the WYSIWYG MOD right into the Blog Mod posting page for each template that you use.
Hagbard_Celine
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:09 am 

lol oh yeah. My bad. It was pretty straight forword.

Should we re-compile The Blog Mod with this feature? There's a few more features that could be added as well.
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group