phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

phpBB2 File Documentation

Search this topic... | Search Knowledge Base (KB)... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » Knowledge Base (KB)  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:40 pm 
Post subject: phpBB2 File Documentation

I set up a system to document the phpBB2 file (code and template) structures a long time ago with the intent to eventually turn it over to phpbb.com. Since I never got around to that, and since they've moved on from phpBB2, I guess that will never happen.

But it should be useful here. icon_smile.gif

phpBB Doctor phpBB2 File Structures

That information may migrate to this site eventually, but for now it should work fine at my other site. Most of the files are documented, although there are still a few that never got finished. The idea is to show which file names are used for certain functions. I envisioned this being a help for MOD authors or board owners that want to make simple tweaks but don't know which file to go to. For example, the registration system uses included files so if you want to alter the registration process you need to look at the proper files.

The information is all presented on a single page so you can use your browser search facility to search the page for specific terms. As a result I never set up a search function for the database content.
Dog Cow
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: phpBB2 File Documentation

Yep, that's useful. What we should do now is document the unused variables/constants in phpBB, such as TOPIC_OFFSET, PRIVMSGS_IGNORE_TABLE, AUTH_ATTACH and $sys_timezone
icon_lol.gif
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:57 pm 

I will be happy to host any sort of documentation that folks can provide. icon_smile.gif
Kurusaki
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 pm 

A bit late, but that's an incredibly helpful guide when learning from the bottom on phpBB.

Another guide like that but for important functions, variables etc would be fantastic. I'm not asking though icon_biggrin.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » Knowledge Base (KB)  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group