phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Need help with Registration IP MOD

Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
wkdwich
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:46 pm 
Post subject: Need help with Registration IP MOD

Got the MOD installed, had to do some fancy footwork and now its where I want it.. but I want more icon_smile.gif I want the IP's in the email conf they have to click the code to activate..

The MOD is in the big pack here..

I've already tweaked it slightly to have it show on the UCP.. but I have to go to the ACP find them click manage blah blah.. I;m not just going to ban these IP's from the forums.. they will get banned from the server as I am the admin icon_smile.gif

I am apparently using a MOD that included: userlist_body.tpl
so I got it to show there also, much faster to do the Open/Close thing on the user list than the Manage --> Browser Back

So.. now I also really want the IP in the email conf they get but I'm a bit stuck here..

in \language\lang_english\email\user_welcome_inactive.tpl

I added the IP info:
Code:
Username: {USERNAME}
Password: {PASSWORD}
IP: {USER_REGIP}

but it is not showing up.. I assume I need to alter /includes/usercp_register.php at:

Approx ln 110
Code:
   $strip_var_list = array('username' => 'username', 'email' => 'email', 'icq' => 'icq', 'aim' => 'aim', 'msn' => 'msn', 'yim' => 'yim', 'website' => 'website', 'location' => 'location', 'occupation' => 'occupation', 'interests' => 'interests');

maybe ln 138
Code:
   validate_optional_fields($icq, $aim, $msn, $yim, $website, $location, $occupation, $interests, $signature);

and lastly around ln 638
Code:
         if( $coppa )
         {
            $emailer->assign_vars(array(
               'SITENAME' => $board_config['sitename'],
               'WELCOME_MSG' => sprintf($lang['Welcome_subject'], $board_config['sitename']),
               'USERNAME' => preg_replace($unhtml_specialchars_match, $unhtml_specialchars_replace, substr(str_replace("\'", "'", $username), 0, 25)),
               'PASSWORD' => $password_confirm,
               'EMAIL_SIG' => str_replace('<br />', "\n", "-- \n" . $board_config['board_email_sig']),

'FAX_INFO' => $board_config['coppa_fax'],
               'MAIL_INFO' => $board_config['coppa_mail'],
               'EMAIL_ADDRESS' => $email,

Can any one help here? I'll attach the (my) revised MOD here for reference[/code]

registration_ip.txt
 Description:
Registration_IP.txt

Download
 Filename:  registration_ip.txt
 Filesize:  5.51 KB
 Downloaded:  773 Time(s)

dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:28 pm 
Post subject: Re: Need help with Registration IP MOD

This same thing was asked last week at phpbbhacks.com,

Have a look at IP address in admin approval message. icon_smile.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm 

Fantabulous.. I was over there grabbing all the ezportal mods icon_smile.gif thanks you are a gem!
lumpy burgertushie
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:18 pm 

can I ask what you are trying to do with the IPs?

people's IP address can change everytime they go online,
other's changes everytime they reboot their modem/router/computer.

some ISPs randomly reassign IPs while a customer is online.

banning via IP is basically a waste of time.

also, you can not find out any relevant info about a member by their IP address. about the most you will find is their ISP and what city they are in and even the city is often wrong.

right now, My IP shows me to be in a town over a hundred miles away from where I am etc.

just trying to save you some time and aggravation.

robert
wkdwich
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:25 pm 

Lumpy, thanks for the response.. theory is now that I got the IP to display in the conf email, when they get the new code and the bounce notices start coming again I can see if the same IP is doing it and yes I will take the time to ban.. if they are forinstance

I will ban
1.2.3.0/16

I have had very good success in banning IPs server wide. I am very aware about static and floating IP's having had a huge issue with AOL members and a mailing list I manage many years ago.

What I'm looking for is the same IP making several registration attempts.. I really don't give a rats patoot if they live next door or in China icon_smile.gif If I ban them from the server maybe they will tell their little hacker buddies that I am on the job and they will go somewhere else icon_smile.gif
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group