phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

topic images

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Search this topic... | Search MOD Requests... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Author Message
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

i am almost ready for FULL installation package. Please do NOT install the beta, will provide proper MOD later tonight or tomorrow.
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:30 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

#####Topic_Thumbs 1.0.0######

This is the first full version.
Tested on clean phpbb2 installation, works fine.
It should work on any phpbb2, even a heavilly modified one since it is very doubtfull that there will be conflicts with other mods.

I hope that an experienced coder here will find some time to review my code and advise. In any case, i have been using this for almost 20 days now with absolutely no bugs at all.

Feel free to recommend changes/improvements

PREVIEW
http://i51.tinypic.com/20f91s7.jpg



Topic_Thumbs 1.0.0.zip
 Description:
july 2011, written by Noisy

Download
 Filename:  Topic_Thumbs 1.0.0.zip
 Filesize:  99.43 KB
 Downloaded:  606 Time(s)

Back to top
StarWolf3000
Board Member



Joined: 10 Jun 2010

Posts: 83
Location: Stolpen, Saxony, Germany


flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:11 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

You got a typo in your COPY Action:
Code:
COPY /phpbb2/thumbnail/thumbnail.php to /phpbb2/templates/thumbnailviewer.js
needs to be
Code:
COPY /phpbb2/thumbnail/thumbnail.php to /thumbnail/thumbnail.php


Also, defining /phpbb2 as phpBB root folder in your copy actions is weird, as this can lead non-experienced modders to create the wrong hierarchy for the MOD.

I corrected the typos I found and switched to UNIX LF line endings.



Topic_Thumbs 1.0.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Topic_Thumbs 1.0.0.zip
 Filesize:  94.42 KB
 Downloaded:  600 Time(s)

Back to top
dondino
Board Member



Joined: 09 Dec 2008

Posts: 144


flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

Thanks noisy for this mod, and thanks also to StarWolf for correcting these minor "mistakes"...
anyway, I did not read the code and installed this mod yet in my board, but i have a few questions...

How the images should be attached in the 1st post, to be detected by this mod? Attachment mod?
It will not work if a user post just a link to an image uploaded with imageshack or postimage?

What happens if a user attach... 2 images? Which one is picked up? The first?
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

dondino wrote:

How the images should be attached in the 1st post, to be detected by this mod? Attachment mod?


There is a new field in posting.php - only when posting/editing a new TOPIC , right below the topic title. The author can add an image URL there.

dondino wrote:

It will not work if a user post just a link to an image uploaded with imageshack or postimage?


yes it will work pretty fine. It is working with remote images, resizing on-sight, cached thumbnail is served.

dondino wrote:

What happens if a user attach... 2 images? Which one is picked up? The first?


you will get the default error image ofcourse. Its one field, for one URL, per topic. The same as the topic title. Can you have 2 topic titles for the same topic? icon_smile.gif
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

StarWolf3000 wrote:

I corrected the typos I found and switched to UNIX LF line endings.


sorry for typos.. this is my first time i am doing a mod.

are you a coder? Did you find any errors in my code??
----------------------------------------------------------------

I am open for any suggestions, recommendations, i really love this mod.
Back to top
dondino
Board Member



Joined: 09 Dec 2008

Posts: 144


flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

hey noisy! thanks for your replies..
once installed the mod is enabled by default on all forums sections or its possible to allow/disable it completely or just for specified sections?
I would not need to enable it in all sections...
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:12 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

dondino wrote:
hey noisy! thanks for your replies..
once installed the mod is enabled by default on all forums sections or its possible to allow/disable it completely or just for specified sections?
I would not need to enable it in all sections...


By default it will be activated for all sections. It would be nice to activate on per forum basis but i have absolutely no idea how to do that.

you would need to manipulate posting.php , or to have 2 different versions of posting_body.tpl and serve them on per forum basis... I really don't know...

but i am guessing that if the content of a sub-forum does not require thumbnails, the authors wont use it in any way. And of course a moderator can always remove the submitted img url at any given time.
Back to top
Salvatos
Board Member



Joined: 19 Feb 2009

Posts: 414
Location: Québec


flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:00 am 
Post subject: Re: topic images

You'd probably need a database entry to enable/disable the mod on a per-forum basis, manageable in the admin panel, that would activate a switch in posting.php and posting_body.tpl.
Back to top
StarWolf3000
Board Member



Joined: 10 Jun 2010

Posts: 83
Location: Stolpen, Saxony, Germany


flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:54 am 
Post subject: Re: topic images

noisy wrote:
StarWolf3000 wrote:

I corrected the typos I found and switched to UNIX LF line endings.


sorry for typos.. this is my first time i am doing a mod.

are you a coder? Did you find any errors in my code??
----------------------------------------------------------------

I am open for any suggestions, recommendations, i really love this mod.

Yes, I'm a coder. I didn't found any other typos in your code. I'm currently writing the Enable/Disable Add-on for the ACP to enable/disable this feature on a per-forum basis. When its ready, this post will be edited and the Add-on attached to it.
Back to top
hoimyr
Board Member



Joined: 16 Apr 2009

Posts: 115
Location: Oslo


flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:03 am 
Post subject: Re: topic images

Very good work noisy. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:34 am 
Post subject: Re: topic images

StarWolf3000 wrote:

Yes, I'm a coder. I didn't found any other typos in your code. I'm currently writing the Enable/Disable Add-on for the ACP to enable/disable this feature on a per-forum basis. When its ready, this post will be edited and the Add-on attached to it.


thats great icon_smile.gif will be waiting for this
Back to top
dondino
Board Member



Joined: 09 Dec 2008

Posts: 144


flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:33 am 
Post subject: Re: topic images

noisy wrote:
StarWolf3000 wrote:

Yes, I'm a coder. I didn't found any other typos in your code. I'm currently writing the Enable/Disable Add-on for the ACP to enable/disable this feature on a per-forum basis. When its ready, this post will be edited and the Add-on attached to it.


thats great icon_smile.gif will be waiting for this


me too!! Starwolf, you're great! We have the elite of phpbb2 coders here icon_smile.gif
and then noisy will write eventually an "extra" addon to make it compatible with "Simple Subforums" icon_wink.gif
Back to top
noisy
Board Member



Joined: 04 Jun 2011

Posts: 35



PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

dondino wrote:


then noisy will write eventually an "extra" addon to make it compatible with "Simple Subforums" icon_wink.gif


it should be compatible with simple subforums by default. Is there any reason why it is not??? I have simple subforums in my forum too, i dont remember doing any special edits. I m 90% sure it would work on simple subforums by default.

if you find a conflict with simple sbf or a part of code that doesnt fit or anything else, show me and i will figure out the solution, since the solution already exists in my forum.
Back to top
dondino
Board Member



Joined: 09 Dec 2008

Posts: 144


flag
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: topic images

noisy, I meant to be compatible with simple subforums about the admininistration enable/disable feature that StarWolf is gonna complete.
Maybe it will be already compatible also with subforums... but I don't know.

With your released mod, being enabled in every case and for every forum section, its more likely its of course compatible also with simple subforums,
but if you wanna enable and disable it for every "different" subforums... then I think things change a little. But maybe StarWolf is already taking this into consideration...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Register or Login to Post    Index » MOD Requests  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 2 of 3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group
Powered by phpBB2 © phpBB Group
Generated in 0.0140 seconds using 17 queries. (SQL 0.0019 Parse 0.0025 Other 0.0096)
phpBB Customizations by the phpBBDoctor.com
Template Design by DeLFlo and MomentsOfLight.com Moments of Light Logo