phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Reedwood
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:23 am 
Post subject: message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed

Great to have found this site, and hoping I can improve my phpbb2 fully modded site...but of course, I've some issues, here's the first which is rather pressing...

last night I began to change the style, and then suddenly I get this error page displaying this message:

Quote:
Website Error:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen.

Please contact a site administrator to report this error.If this is happening after an update process, possible cause are incompatible files on the server, or the install/ directory has not been deleted.

Please check you have deleted the install/ directory, the files on the server have been updated with the latest version, and files from previous versions do not exist.

I followed another thread on here, and deleted the includes folder, and reupt it, but nothing, I thought resetting permissions through my Host would help which they now inform me they did:
Quote:
wifi.isgreat.org
permissions are reset to
folders 755
files 644

but still it's down, so I'm pleading for some kind soul to help me resolve the issue, and if they do |I shall reward them with Rapidshare points!

Awaiting your kind responses! Thanks!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supp

We're going to need to know what changes you made, and/or see the affected files. This kind of error either comes from a bad include() or a broken if clause somewhere, in my opinion.
Reedwood
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:16 pm 

I was changing Styles, then it happened when I went to look at the site!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:03 pm 

I'm sorry, but we will need much more specific info, this doesn't tell us anything at all. What files did you edit and what are the code changes (can you attach the edited files?)? Or did you just add a new template? Are you using eXtreme Styles or some other style mod? Does the error appear on every page?
Reedwood
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:21 pm 

just switched the stylein ACP, and that's it, no editing at all!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:31 pm 

Then it seems the style is flawed. What is its name? Did you modify it before using it? And where did you download it?
Reedwood
Board Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:21 pm 

fyi, the software I installed last year was Fully Modded phpBB from here: http://phpbb-fm.com

I never had to edit or modify anything, just switch on, and it was just the style I was swapping about; not sure which one it was, as I was just looking to see what each one was like, and that's the page I faced with the error...I've uploaded no new styles, just the ones that came with the package!
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:43 pm 

So I take it you just want to revert to your previous style, and not necessarily fix that new one?

In that case, log into your database (phpMyAdmin or other) and find the "xs_def_template" entry in "phpbb2_config" (your prefix may differ) and change it to subSilver or whatever your previous theme was. Make sure it's spelled properly, it's case-sensitive.

That should be all you need to do.
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group