phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Smilies and BBCode

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:12 pm 
Post subject: Smilies and BBCode

Howdy, it's been a while since I asked for support. There's one thing that's been bothering me for a while, and I'm pretty sure it used to work differently so it's probably due to browsers handling things differently than they did back when phpBB2 was developed.

As far as I can remember, when you clicked on BBCode or a smilie, it used to be placed wherever your pointer was; now it's always placed at the end of the text area. That's really annoying for me since I like typing up my post in full before I add formatting to it, and I have to keep scrolling around and moving tags.

First, was it always like that and I'm just imagining things? Second, I'm using Firefox, so if you don't have that issue with other browsers, please let me know. And third, any ideas about how I could fix this? I reckon it's probably some JavaScript in a header somewhere... but I'm not very skilled at JS yet.

I'm also going to have to find a fix for Smartor's portal not displaying smilies and BBCode properly, so if anyone has already done that, please let me know how. If I'm lucky I can just include a function or two and it's done.
Jim_UK
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:56 pm 
Post subject: Re: Smilies and BBCode

Yes it has always been like that. However there is a mod that will place the smilie at the point the cursor is located.
I will see if I have it.

Jim

This is the one http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/7921
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:07 pm 
Post subject: Re: Smilies and BBCode

Thanks! That's good to know icon_rolleyes.gif

I also found that one by Smartor:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/520

But I'll stick to yours, Smartor's needs every tag edited separately while this one works with all tags, even custom, out of the box.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group