phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

phpbb2 simple mod rewrite problem with session & autolog

Search this topic... | Search General Support... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Oliver2000
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:11 am 
Post subject: phpbb2 simple mod rewrite problem with session & autolog

Hi everybody,

I am not a big programmer and I tried now since days to figure some way out to solve my problem but I cant get it done alone and need some pro help. I searched also already but did not find the write answer. I hope somebody here can help me out.

I installed like two weeks ago the Simple mod rewrite (from http://www.phpbb-seo.com) on old phpbb2 forum. Everything seems to work fine and I was happy that everything worked. How ever after some time some users reported strange problems if the use the permanent login option. The problem happens if a user uses a login with the auto login feature. First everything works and he users is logged in normal but if he close the browser and come back later the site forwards the user to a 404 error page.

The system rewrites he url to: http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/phpbb/http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/phpbb/?sid=95488697fd06d6e96f8da536999a ???

I tested around (as I said I am not a pro) and found in the session.php the function append_sid(). If I commend the following lines out:

Code:
// www.phpBB-SEO.com SEO TOOLKIT BEGIN
        // global $phpbb_seo;
   // $url = $phpbb_seo->url_rewrite($url, $non_html_amp);
   // www.phpBB-SEO.com SEO TOOLKIT END

it works normal but of course now the urls in the forum (topics and forum names etc.) are not "re-written" and changed to the seo version.
How ever if I do this the session seems fine again and logins work normal. I have to say that NORMAL logins without the autologin work as well.

Additional some users complain that they cant open their private messages anymore with the same problem. the url gets also rewritten to the version above.

I am really lost here and need some help. I run a fairly big forum with 6 million messages and 2000+ users online at the same time every day. the current problems make me crazy and i appreciate any help I can get.

What cant this be? Why this is not working for me and what can I do?

Thank you in advance for your time and help,

Oliver
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:42 am 
Post subject: Re: phpbb2 simple mod rewrite problem with session & aut

Your best bet is searching and asking on the phpbbSeo forums. icon_wink.gif
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am 

Thanks for the tip, i did this parallel but nobody answered until now. I guess there are not many with phpbb2 right now and this is why i try here icon_smile.gif
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:45 pm 

Can you show us your .htaccess file? From what I've seen on their forums it's a good first place to look.
Register or Login to Post    Index » General Support  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group