phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

changing defaults for userCP

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
wkdwich
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:58 am 
Post subject: changing defaults for userCP

I am using phpBBFM and it really ticks me off that it makes it so hard to find certain stuff..

Popups are annoying.. when you hit the main page after not visiting for a while, if someone viewed your profile since your last visit a popup happens.. my browser blocks it, I get that little warning hand.. I think I found the area that sets the defaults for the userCP.. I just need to make sure I am reading this right before I start fiddling with it..

forumsFM\includes\usercp_register.php

Code:
      'PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_YES' => ( $profile_view_popup ) ? 'checked="checked"' : '',
      'PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_NO' => ( !$profile_view_popup ) ? 'checked="checked"' : '',

So am I correct that the ! in the NO line signifies - NOT - as in make the YES default CHECKED and the NO UNCHECKED?

If I switched the ! to the YES line, would the default then become ticked as NO ??

Or should I be fooling with:
forumsFM\templates\mod\user_edit_body.tpl
Code:
<tr>
   <td class="row1"><b>{L_PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP}:</b></td>
   <td class="row2"><input type="radio" name="profile_view_popup" value="1" {PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_YES}{DISABLE_CHANGE} /> {L_YES}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="profile_view_popup" value="0" {PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_NO}{DISABLE_CHANGE} /> {L_NO}</td>
</tr>

or should I simply comment our the following in
forumsFM\includes\page_header.php
Code:
   // See if user has had profile views, also see if function is enabled
   if ( $userdata['user_profile_view'] && $userdata['user_profile_view_popup'] )
   {
      $template->assign_var("PROFILE_VIEW",
         "<script language=\"Javascript\" type=\"text/javascript\"><!--
         window.open('" . append_sid('profile_view_popup.'.$phpEx) . "', '_phpbbproview', 'HEIGHT=250, resizable=yes, WIDTH=800');
         //-->
         </script>");
   }

thanks... making slow by steady progress woards the goal of reopening the site Jan 1sr at the latest
dogs and things
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:30 am 
Post subject: Re: changing defulats for userCP

It's here, value="1" means checked, value="0" means unchecked, swap those.
Code:
<tr>
   <td class="row1"><b>{L_PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP}:</b></td>
   <td class="row2"><input type="radio" name="profile_view_popup" value="1" {PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_YES}{DISABLE_CHANGE} /> {L_YES}&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="profile_view_popup" value="0" {PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_NO}{DISABLE_CHANGE} /> {L_NO}</td>
</tr>

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 pm 
Post subject: Re: changing defaults for userCP

Actually, I would go with switching these as originally suggested:
Code:
      'PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_YES' => ( $profile_view_popup ) ? 'checked="checked"' : '',
      'PROFILE_VIEW_POPUP_NO' => ( !$profile_view_popup ) ? 'checked="checked"' : '',

Note, however, that this will just change the defaults for new users. Existing users will have to visit their profile and change their settings.

On an unrelated note, what made you pick a "fully modded" version instead of just adding the MODs that you want or need?

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:20 pm 

drathbun,

ahhh thats really what I wanted to do.. change the defaults.. thanks I will play with that then and let you know..

I went with the FM version beause of the features.. Portal, articles (KB MOD), calendar, links, lexicon dictionary, banners - all already built in.. Its very difficult to work with in many aspects.. so many options that were very poorly laid out in the admin area.. I can't even begin to tell you how many wasted hours I spent looking for specific settings.. but its coming easier now.. My site is huge.. and has all these things already built in, so moving it all to within the phpBB and the portal is a huge undertaking but I belive it will be well worth it when finished.. less things to maintain in the big picture.. easier to change things like banners, overall navigation, user access etc etc.. If I had started with a FM version I would have quit all this web stuff and gone back to doing nails full time icon_smile.gif Thats how bad it can be icon_smile.gif The bigesst drawback for me, but it would be the same FM or not really, just more difficult with the FM version is I do not allow PM.. its a networking site for nail technicians.. woman can be quite cut-throat and nasty icon_smile.gif If I allowed PM's they would be sharing good AND bad info back and forth privately which is not what its about icon_smile.gif
drathbun
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:33 pm 

The challenge I have always seen with a fully modded version is that MODs were added without regard for overall integration and performance. The only FM board that I spent (wasted icon_razz.gif) any substantial time looking at back in the day was a mess. There were multiple MODs attempting to add queries, and since none of the MODs knew about the other MODs, they were in many cases doing substantially identical work, or at least work that could have been combined.

But ranting aside, if it's working for you, good luck. icon_smile.gif

Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:56 pm 

It seems to be working, I've had some come and test and its pretty fast right now, havent stumbled across any error messages I could not track down and repair.. even imported some users and posts from the live board..
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group