phpBB2Refugees.com Logo
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group

Register •  Login 

Continue the legacy...

Welcome to all phpBB2 Refugees!Wave Smilie

This site is intended to continue support for the legacy 2.x line of the phpBB2 bulletin board package. If you are a fan of phpBB2, please, by all means register, post, and help us out by offering your suggestions. We are primarily a community and support network. Our secondary goal is to provide a phpBB2 MOD Author and Styles area.

Create Forum "Outside" of PHPBB2

Search this topic... | Search phpBB2 Discussion... | Search Box
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
rogerraa
Board Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:08 pm 
Post subject: Create Forum "Outside" of PHPBB2

Hello, guys..

I'm currently working on a webpage that requires the ability to create a new forum outside of the actual phpbb2 admin section. The phpbb3 method is fairly well discussed here and there, however I couldn't find any information for phpbb2. My client requires phpbb2 compatibility so I'm kinda stuck.

Does anyone remember seeing anything about this?

thanks for the help..
Salvatos
Board Member

flag
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm 
Post subject: Re: Create Forum "Outside" of PHPBB2

The easiest way I can imagine to preserve features and security would be to import the ACP's form into your other webpage, but since I don't know what you're doing exactly it's hard to tell how feasible/acceptable in your situation. What scenario are you dealing with exactly?

In the meantime you can look through /admin/admin_forums.php. The $HTTP_POST_VARS in case 'createforum' (line 350) and case 'modforum' (line 424) are of most interest since they tell you what fields to use if you want to create your own form.
rogerraa
Board Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm 
Post subject: Re: Create Forum "Outside" of PHPBB2

yeah I was afraid of that (using whats in the admin_forums.php file). shoot... lol was hoping someone had made a function/class already.. oh well..

thanks for the reply....

//EDIT - hey hey.. look what I found..

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=2926173#p2926173

have'nt tested yet.. I'll post back by findings and any code changes I made
Register or Login to Post    Index » phpBB2 Discussion  Previous TopicPrint TopicNext Topic
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Jump to:  

Index • About • FAQ • Rules • Privacy • Search •  Register •  Login 
Not affiliated with or endorsed by the phpBB Group